(Close Window)
Topic: Bold & Beautiful by Ted Karmilovich
Can anyone give me any info on this effect? It's listed on the Syzygy's Best DvDs and sounds pretty good :) Thanks !
It is based on an idea by Al Mann, however, this uses no force and a modified presentation. Three spectators are asked to name three things such as a design, a city, and a celebrity. The performer removes three business cards (that are either paper-clipped or sealed in an envelope) from his pocket and hands them to audience members. Each card contains the name of one of the freely selected items! Very direct. No NW, PW, etc.

Luke Jermay has credited Ted's handling as inspiration for his effect 'Touching on Hoy' in The Coral Fang, although Ted's handling is much more sure-fire.

Thom
I use this ALOT. it really is fantastic and very bold, as you might suspect ;). I would reccomend getting hold of Syzygy the first 5 volumes, its full of great ideas from the best in the business.

Best,
Kennedy
Are the predictions actually written before the performance ???
[quote]
On 2005-02-19 14:02, mattisdx wrote:
Are the predictions actually written before the performance ???
[/quote]

It says that in the ad, and there is no NW, so my guess would be yes. They realy are wrote before the performance.

Scott
Yes, they are written before the performance and you can carry them with you at all times to do this effect.. but it needs to be a large crowd.
Greg
Is it possible to do it one on one ? and, is the method different than the effect "Tervil" ? Thanks !
[quote]
On 2005-02-19 17:06, mattisdx wrote:
Is it possible to do it one on one ? and, is the method different than the effect "Tervil" ? Thanks !
[/quote]

No, this is a group thing... large group.

Greg
Yes.
It'll need a large group
Sorry, but : No close-up
And as its title states, It is indeed a beautiful and bold profecy
Is this a "Hurling the Headlines" style effect?
If you perform for a large group of people there is no doubt that this is one of the stronger effects you could use. I know I always use it when performign on stage, its sheer impossibility and direct nature is to good to pass up.

Best,
Kennedy
[quote]
On 2005-02-20 02:10, Daktari wrote:
Is this a "Hurling the Headlines" style effect?
[/quote]

Not at all
This is a incredible, right to the point, triple prediction of a design, a city and a celebrity.
No forces of any kind and always 100% right
Actually sometimes the reality what you see is different than what it actually is. The three audiences they can not talk to each other after the show. And it is not good effect to performe in any group people know each others.
Max88, I would like to respectfully disagree. In terms of the rutine offered in Syzyzy as it is written you are absolutly correct, however I do perform the efefct and the three spectators may talk as much as they like afterwards and will still not discover the secret. This is due to a subtlety I add, with a bit of thought many can create their own.

Best,
Kennedy
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Feb 20, 2005 12:49PM)
[quote]
On 2005-02-20 13:01, Kennedy wrote:
Max88, I would like to respectfully disagree. In terms of the rutine offered in Syzyzy as it is written you are absolutly correct, however I do perform the efefct and the three spectators may talk as much as they like afterwards and will still not discover the secret. This is due to a subtlety I add, with a bit of thought many can create their own.

Best,
Kennedy
[/quote]

I love the way Kennedy use "subtleties" in his work and I must confess that therefore I'm curious to read his book.

So, Kennedy, aren't you ready yet? :)
Paolo, I really thank you for your enthusiasm. Its almost there, just the final tit-bits to come together. Its always the little things which hold us back my friend, thnaks for your support buddy!!

Best,
Kennedy
[/quote]

No, this is a group thing... large group.
Greg
[/quote]

Greg,

What do you mean by "large crowd?" 20, 30, 100 people? Can it be done in "parlor" settings where there may be about 6-15 people?

Thank you very much.

Michael
Michael, I don't want to give too much away, but I'm pretty sure that in a group as small as 15 or 20 it might not be the best thing to do. I would think that in a parlor setting with 50 or more people it would be something you can try, but I would actually save it for a larger crowd and one I know is made up of various groups.
For instance, I wouldn't want to do this at some corporate event, no matter how large, because everyone knows each other.
Best thing for you is get Syzygy... there's great material inside and I'm sure you'll find something you can use.
Greg
Greg,

Thank you very much for your suggestions and advice.

Michael