(Close Window)
Topic: The shaman for close-up
I hope this is not wrong to do, but I went on the ellusionist site and clicked on the shaman, I then hit the print button and printed out the chart of numbers and symbols, I then had it laminated and use it for close-up. In fact I made several print outs with different outcomes so I can repeat it by just switching cards. My audience seem to really love this effect, especially seems stronger when repeated.
Any comments?
Leaving aside any possible legal problem, you just did the opposite the programers did: transform a mathematical effect into a computer one.

There are other applications of the same principle. Check out Martin Gardner, for example.
I'd second the Martin Gardner reference. I've seen myriad variations of this principle and they always seem to go over well, but I've never repeated the effect. I have always felt it would lose some of it's appeal if repeated (appear less [i]magical[/i] and more [i]mathematical[/i]). Of course, I can't argue with your own observation, Music. If it has worked for you, that's great!