(Close Window)
Topic: Mona LisaŚ the end
I read that Stan Allen took the Israeli position on the Mona Lisa. He will publish a 2-page Mona Lisa ad. Does it mean that Nicolai sold David Copperfield a rip off? Is it safe to buy it now? What do you know?
I'm intrigued to know what this means. I understand the individual words but the whole thing sounds very mysterious.
I do not understand this Mona Lisa thing.

This effect was performed by Mentalist Robert Dorian OVER twenty years ago on TV (although with a different puzzle).

What gives? What is up with all the accusatorial behavior? This all seems real silly to me. How can someone get arrested for performing a magic trick?
No, Stan did not take the "Israeli position" on this effect, if by that you mean the position that Nicolai ripped it off. As explicitly stated both in the letter that's been posted elsewhere on the 'net and in this month's issue of [i]MAGIC[/i], Stan's review concluded that it was an [i]independent development[/i] on both parts, that is that neither party ripped the other one off.

As for the Dorian version, I don't know if that was factored in at all, but yes, it clearly was a predecessor of the identical effect. Whether either of these was inspired by/is a "ripoff" of that I couldn't say, so I won't.

--A
Thanks Andy!

As always, you are a class act!

Bascomb
It's a good thing God's not in the copyright enforcement act, or we'd all be sporting chafed wrists for being callow imitations.

Cheers :banana: