(Close Window)
Topic: $200 to Spend at Stevens....
Through an interesting twist, I have $200 to spend at Stevens Magic Emporium, and would like a few recommendations.

I am posting here for 2 reasons:

1) Wasn't sure where to post this kind of topic

2) This topic is frequented by people whose opinions I respect

Here are some possibilites I am interested in - I don't need reviews on the ones I listed below, just additional suggestions (btw, not looking for $200 items, just items that are not over $200):

- Stainless Monti Cups
- Nemo 1500 (or was it 15000...?)
- Don Alan Chop Cups

Thanks in advance....
Nemo 1500 is awesome

Cups? It is your choice. I would stay away from the Stainless cups as they are not balanced as good as spun cups.

Chop cups on Stevens' site are all good.
I bought the Don Alan chop cup from Stevens. Needless to say, it is the best CC on the market. The m@%$#t releases just when you want it to. Some CC are either too strong or too weak. Also, Don Alan CC acts as a weapon if you need it to be one, can also hold 16oz of beer. True.
Depending on your interests, shop skills, and presentational style, you might want to consider Walt Noon's Flea Circus video, book, and CD for $55. I got this two months ago and am building one now. This is a superb value. If you buy one built from Stevens, it's $2500. You can build one for a fraction of that, and you can change some of the effects around to get exactly what you want. I may be able to add a knife thrower! That's right, trained fleas throwing miniature knives!

Yours,

Paul
Stevens also sells the range of Frank Radtke products. You may want to consider getting a set of Fakini multiplying balls or thimbles.

Kent
Since I actually have a set of the stainless RnT 2 Monti cups in my possession, I must say that the balance of these cups is the same as the balance of any other set of Monti cups.

Balance was never a problem with the original Bells of St. Mary cups, which were steel. Basically, the stainless cups feel fine to me.