(Close Window)
Topic: Mind's Eye Deck vs Osterlind design duplication system
From The audience's perspective, What is the difference in the Max Maven Mind's Eye Deck vs Richard Osterlind's Design Duplication system. Both descriptions seem very much the same to me. Also is one "easier" to perform?

Michael
Michael,

Both have similar methods, but IMHO, Osterlinds is more powerful since the drawing may be more elaborated, more personal, seeming more imposible, and opening more space for you to interact with the volunteer.

Besides, as has been said plenty times, you may have problems with the quality of the MED.

With MED you need the deck, with ODDS, you can prepare the cards on the spot if you donít have it with you. Consider that.
With all due respect, the methods are different. I have both the Minds Eye deck and Mr. Osterlind's design duplication. The Minds Eye deck is not reliable whereas the ODDS is just about fool proof. I agree Enrique that ODDS is more powerful and does allow for more interaction with the spectator. You cannot beat the price of $20.00. You can also make up your own cards that seem more impromptu.

Best regards,

Michael
The Mind's Eye Deck, when properly constructed, is 100% reliable. I bought mine years ago and have never had a problem. Apparently some of the more recently released models have not been cut to perfection. If this is the case, fix it or complain until you get yours replaced with one that you can count on.

I like both effects. An advantadge to MED is that you can begin to accurately describe the selected drawing before you've obtained any information whatsoever. Psychologically, I think this plays very strong. ODDS allows for more "jazz mentalism" and that has distinct advantadges as well.

As much as I like both, bottom line, the design dupe that comes closest to "reality" is any one that allows you to have the participant create their own drawing. And you don't have to depend on having a prop available in most instances. Food for thought and inspiration for learning one really good method that can be used in virtually any environment.

Bill
Yes, I like any kind of mentalism when you can describe objects before you do anything. it looks like real mindreading. but after a few performances with my homemade MED, I tossed it becuase I didn't properly construct it.