(Close Window)
Topic: Our Latest Illusion...
Hello Brothers,
Hope your all well . We have been working alot lately so I haven't had a lot of time to chat with you all. I wanted to share the new illusion with you that we are releasing in Dec of 2002.

It's called the "Topsy Turvy" . The effect is as follows...

The magician takes center stage ,he extends his arms and floats up in the air 4'. Then with no asst or other help rotates 360 degrees and floats back down to the stage floor and walks forward to take his bow.

The starting price on this unit is way too cheap for what it is but that's what I want to do.

Expect pics and Video by Nov. 15 th.

E-mail me for details ,I'm always happy to share with fellow magicians.
Dutch Haling :spinningcoin:
Sounds Great Dutch! I look forward to seeing it!

P.
You do know that Robert Harbin already has a very well known illusion called "Topsey Turvey". It is published in his book.
No I did not know that. Please share the illusion or effect with me.
Thanks
Yeah, I am actually suprised you have never heard of this one Dutch. The illusion is an upright tall cabient just wide enough to hold and assistant standing upright. The cabinet has a picture of a girl on the front. Doors are opened to reveal you assistant standing in an upright postion. The cabinet is tipped over upside down and the doors are opened to reveal the assistant upside down. The doors are closed briefly and quickly reopened to reveal the assitant is now upright again.

I never really liked the illusion. I saw the Evasons do it in a live show about 10 years ago or so and to no fault of theirs, the gaff was very obvious in fact the audience was screeming "**** LEGS!"

Your illusion sounds much better Dutch!

P.

:evilgrin:
Peter,
Now that you describe it I remember it. Owens still makes one as does Bill Smith.
Ours is a stand alone concept,no boxes or bases. Topsy Turvy is just a name we thought off ,as you know from your endevors you start at point A and hope that when you get to point Z everything connects.

The illusion will be named by the time the ads start in Dec.

I also thought of calling it "360 Degrees of Death" but was afraid some of the mommies and wifes would freak when they heard it...."What ? You want to buy another illusion you cant use and its got somthing to do with Death?" Seriously this one is targeted to WORKING illusionists and they'll probably rename the effect anyway. Thanks for the info.
Cordially,
Dutch
Look forward to info about it. Sounds great.
Look forward to seeing it Dutch, sounds good. So are you a profesional magician? :hmm: :bikes:
Scott,
I assume that "Magician" is a combination of inventor and magician? At any rate we perform as "Lorenzo and Lorraine" and 90% of our income is from magic. Welcome to the Magic Café!
Dutch
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 11, 2002 10:04AM)
Sounds like a good Illusion! All I can say is, "Hurry up and start selling them!"

As always you think outside of the box (who ever came up with that saying) and I look forward to seeing it and buying one.

Ray Noble
Sounds great Dutch? Without giving too much info, could you share the limitations (angles, weight restrictions, etc.?) :cool:
PastorBrent,
Thanks for asking . The weight restriction is around 240 lbs. as far as angles go unless your working surrounded there is no angle problems as long as you use a small backdrop which is included with the unit. Unlike the 3 in 1 which is the predecessor to this illusion this one comes with a ready made back drop and frame. I stress though this unit is for EXPERIENCED performers as you will need 8-12 hours of dedicated rehearshal to pull it off without any flaws. I am amazed at the amount of magicians who will buy a trick do it once and then perform it for the public and wonder why it didn't work as good as they hoped. Like the 3 in 1 this unit is garunteed to baffle experienced performers and audience members alike.
Dutch
Dutch,
This sounds very similar to an illusion which Yogano has out already called "Spinning" - can you confirm the effect is not the same?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 12, 2002 04:50PM)
LeeAlex2002,
I am pretty sure that spinning is where your spin in a clock-wise direction. Your head goes down to where your feet were and your feet goes up where your head was. The illusion is done fast and the performer really just spins in a fast circle. The front of the performer is always facing toward the spectators during the spin.

Talking with Dutch awhile back, I got the impression that his spins 360 with your feet always toward the floor. Image spreading out your arms and just turning in a circle so that your back comes into view and then your front once again.

If I am wrong, I am sure Dutch will correct me.

Ray Noble
[quote]
On 2002-10-12 17:50, Magical Dimensions wrote:
LeeAlex2002,
I am pretty sure that spinning is where your spin in a clock-wise direction. Your head goes down to where your feet were and your feet goes up where your head was. The illusion is done fast and the performer really just spins in a fast circle. The front of the performer is always facing toward the spectators during the spin.

Talking with Dutch awhile back, I got the impression that his spins 360 with your feet always toward the floor. Image spreading out your arms and just turning in a circle so that your back comes into view and then your front once again.

If I am wrong, I am sure Dutch will correct me.

Ray Noble
[/quote]

I see - so you are always vertical in this new illusion, and spin full circle as opposed to the Yogano where you spin head over heels about your own axis??.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 12, 2002 07:41PM)
Yes, you are correct

Ray Noble
Lee,
Believe it or not you can do both spins with it. Head over heels as fast or slow as you want OR feet down spinning while standing.
I prefer the head over heels version though and find it easier to do.
Dutch :spinningcoin:
Hmmmmmm, sounds pretty cool. Makes me wish I was an illusion guy :baby:

:bat:
Saydean,

November 15 has come and I have been waiting since your original post for the pictures. Are they available now? If so would you mind posting where?

Many Thanks
No ,not yet. Sorry I got busy doing a new show and open Dec.5 th.In between rehearshals,making 3 in 1's and building all the sets,props and costumes for the new show the "Topsy" is now ready to start refining and marketing.Expect pics later this month.
Dutch Haling
Hi guys, I'm Dutch's web designer, I promise to get some pics ASAP......Just as soon as we can get everything finalized. Dutch as been so busy evean his own PR people have not heard from him. So dont feel negelected.

~R.
Hey I really consider myself lucky then. Kristen and I were able to squeeze a few hours out of Dutch & Stacy. We saw some of the rehearsals for their show in Omaha. I have to tell you...it was some of the funniest stuff I have seen, and that was without a crowd and not even a dress rehearsal. If you can get to Omaha, NE in the next 7 weeks, you need to see this show.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Well since I'm starting this new show and getting ready for the new illusion to hit the market let me ask you all a question.
Would you prefer a Vhs or CD of the presentation? Would a monthly payment with no intrest be of intrest?
Thank's in advance for your response.

P.S.
Kevin,your wife is a stunning woman!(Smart Too!)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 3, 2002 08:52AM)
Hello,
I think a CD of the presentation would be best, if possible?

A monthly payment with no intrest would be of intrest? It rocks!

As always you are always thinking about new ways of doing things. My hat is off to you..

Ray Noble
Sign me up if the above would be possible! How many months would the payment be based on? A year? 24 months?

Thanks, Dutch!
I have already send you an email. I am very interested.

Contact me, please.

Thanks.
Sounds like great illusion Dutch, the 3 in 2 also looks nice although I don't own it, it really look great.
Will the Topsy Turvy price similar or more expensive or cheaper then 3 in 1?

Regards,

Adipoetra
Topsy will sell at $1299.00 plus shipping.
I'll tell ya for shure I am interested!!!
Taked to dutch. We have some exiting updates coming. Keep checkin back we'll have some cool stuff.

http://www.lorenzoandlorraine.com

~Admin
Thanks for the reply Dutch.
I think it's a good price for the illusion you describe.

I should save some money for that.

Best regards,

Adipoetra
Well thanks for your response to my question. We will shoot the digital of the illusion next week. It should be on line for you all to view by Jan.1 st.
Check it out at http://www.lorenzoandlorraine.com
Dutch-

Do you plan on offering the 'pay in installments' option or just going to have customers pay in one lump sum?

Thanks!
Can't wait to see the new illusion. As usual Dutch you are so kind to share with the rest of us.

Best,
Mike
Sounds really cool, umm. . . exactly how big is the backdrop, is it on castors which can be rolled in, or do you need a real stage, this question may sound strange, but I truly am interested.
We plan on selling it with a installment plan with a monthly billing to major credit card(12 months)or a healthy CASH discount for those who pay up front.
The Topsy is based on the 3 in 1 so you get 4 illusions when you buy it all levatations. The 3 in 1
can be used in a variety of presentations,but you do need a backdrop to make it work approx 8x8.
This is not for everybody ,but ,if your doing a stage type show it's the icing on the cake.
Dutch Haling
AWESOME, Dutch. I'm really looking forward to this!
Dutch this looks to be a great deal. I'm not really a stage artist, but I'm still very interested. Can't wait for more!!

Matt (Midnight Magic)
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL JAN. 1

Oh, well what a way to start the new year off!

Mike
Hey there Dutch! Long time no see Brother! Ryan has done a tremendous job with your site. Moolah well spent....!

Look forward to seeing more of you and Stacy in the future!

Break a leg! Please say, "Hi" to Stace & Lola....
P.s. I believe "Sammy" will be up for grabs soon!
thanks for the Kind words Rey! Means alot to us.
Hopefully VERY soon we will have some great updates for you, some new pictures of the illusion as well as recent performances of the show.

All my best,

Ryan
How are the angles on the trick and how much is it going for :whatthe:
Price has already been described...$1299 plus shipping.
Bueno mi amigo Rey.
Call me some time. The girls are fine and send love to you and Sammy. Ryan is a kickass web guy and really helps us alot.
Dutch
Regarding the Harbin Topsy Turvy: There is no picture of a girl on the cabinet. Harbin"s cabinet was decorated to resemble a mummy case. The current Owen Magic Supreme version (which I own) has a large painted arrow on the front indicating up and down. The illusion is pretty much angle proof providing the assistant's attire matches the "flaps". As far as the gaffs being seen, I don't know how that could be unless the performance was really botched. The feet are moving up to the instantaneous transposition.
A quick note to thank you all for your intrest and responses. We are going to announce the "Finance plans" soon.
Dutch
Dutch do you remember our plans with ASRAH?
Are you still game?
It sounds real good but im more of a close up guy and I dont have that sort of money. PM me when there is a video of it because I would like a watch anyway.

m@t :wavey:
Rey Rey,
Anytime ,anywhere, jarhead. I would love to work with you on that.
Call me.
Dutch Haling
Sorry to bring back this 'older' thread, but are there any updates w/ this product? There doesn't seem to be anything new on the website.

Thanks,
Brian
As of right now we have not heard from the client to update or renew the site. You guys will be the first to hear about it when we find out any updates.
Cheers,

IEI
Sorry, I have been performing my butt off.
I just finished 83 shows in the last 2 months. I am behind in my schedule for the release, but will take the next 2 months off to catch up. Expect all the details and pics via Reedrc ASAP. I am just burnt out right now and need a few weeks to recharge. My best to all.
Dutch Haling
Good to see you still around and alive Dutch....Please give my love to the ladies, S.& L.!
R2
We've been slammed too, Dutch. We took a week or two off just after the new year. We'll get it going, just take care of yourself. :)
Anxiously awaiting the pics to see what you have dreamed up now. Magic can always use good creators. They truly are few and far between!!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"