(Close Window)
Topic: A "simple" card trick that I want to learn
Message: Posted by: LPfan (May 6, 2005 09:25PM)
I saw a card trick performed in school today where a kid spun a card in the air and controlled it with his hands. it kind of levitated. I have no idea what its called. I looked at the card and it was blank and so were his hands. any ideas? any help learning this would be greatly appreciated.
Message: Posted by: magicmandb1 (May 6, 2005 09:39PM)
I believe he did the humming bird card, do a search on google and you should find a site that sells it, it is called the humming bird card.
Message: Posted by: Father Photius (May 6, 2005 10:25PM)
Humming bird card, helicopter card, many names.
Message: Posted by: Justin2200 (May 6, 2005 10:28PM)
Penguinmagic.com sells it. I think its like 15 bucks
Message: Posted by: *Jamie* (May 6, 2005 10:56PM)
I believe it is also called the hummer card. I have done this without buying any gimmicks, just using some IT.
Message: Posted by: Steven Steele (May 6, 2005 11:49PM)
He could also be performing UFO. In fact, given that is more readily available to the masses, I think that is the one he's using. Available at your favorite dealer.
Message: Posted by: b-gann (May 7, 2005 07:03AM)
I have the ufo yo I really LOVE it
Message: Posted by: Steve Friedberg (May 7, 2005 11:01AM)
One caution...this is NOT a trick that you'll be able to do well in five minutes. It takes lots of practice. So, plan accordingly; don't expect that you'll be performing for friends right away.
Message: Posted by: magicmandb1 (May 7, 2005 12:20PM)
Yea that's true what Steve said, and as Justin said, they sell the humming bird card at penguin magic.
Message: Posted by: Mustang (May 7, 2005 12:27PM)
Hummer Card, http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk