(Close Window)
Topic: Pocket index
Can someone tell me what it is and whats it used for?
There are terrific descriptions of pocket indexes (indices?) in both Annemann's [i]Practical Mental Effects[/i] (available in an inexpensive Dover edition as [i]Practical Mental Magic[/i]) or Corinda's [i]13 Steps to Mentalism.[/i]

Without trying to give away too much, a pocket index is, among other things, a method of successfully revealing a written prediction.
Try to look at this http://www.online-visions.com/effects/0507salzmanpocketindex.html this was the pocket index I meant
An index in that sense is like a "pocket secretary." It's used to carry around a number of coin effects without them getting jumbled and so you have easy access to them.

Think of a filing cabinet with folders. The little tabs that stick up are called indexes, or indices. They help you find what you want in the filing cabinet quickly. A pocket index, depending on what it's designed for, helps you find things in your pocket quickly. The one in your link is designed for coins.

Does that help?
Yes thx I have made one by myself but i`m not sure that i`m gonna use it that often..
Sometimes the fun is more in the making than in the using. I made a set of Corinda indexes several years ago I've used a grand total of once. I still cherish them.
I found some nice Pocket Indexes at a leather kiosk in an airport. They called them "Credit Card Organizers." It was a single rectangle with a dozen staggered slots on each side. Two of these and you'd have enough for an entire deck.

Okay, so you have to double up on one card, big deal. They were still nice.
...and you bought the lot and sold them on eBay as card indexes, because you're a magician and that's what magicians do! ;)
Lol ....of course he do everyone does that.

hehe! ;)
Message: Posted by: the_houdini_jester (May 19, 2005 08:46PM)
They are so you can find a card quick. and its a index that holds cards that goes in your pocket