(Close Window)
Topic: psychic touch
please help, while surfing the net recently I saw a product on a site, well a manual to be exact. That details how to do a trick, where you get two spectators onto the stage and put one on either end of the stage, when you tap one spectator on the shoulder, the other spectator can feel it...

I think it was called grandpa's touch and is a yellow book but I cannot locate it for the life of me, have any of you guys seen anything like this about?
hi mattstark:
The effect you mentioned is from BANACHEK and the booklet is named "Psychokinetic Touches"!

Any questions? feel free to ask

TED LESLEY
Just a few questions on this trick:

1) Is impromtu? does it use a gimmnick?

2) Is it angle-proof?

3) Does it require a great deal of showmanship?

4) Do you need to have prior knowledge of hypnosis?
1. Yes. No.
2. Pretty well.
3. Any good mentalism does.
4. None.
The catch here is to NOT look at PK Touches as a "trick"... it is a "Miracle" when staged and presented properly. I've had it for about a year now and use it frequently at impromptu levels and have recently added it to my Xmas season shows as a follow-up to the Muse Box.

I have had people jump and even "run" in an attempt to avoid me after the encounter.

About a month ago I got to watch BANACHEK do this live for a group that was "in the know" and the subtle additions, etc. he's placed into the routine make it even more priceless... one of those bits that should never have gone out to the commercial market and retained within the quieter circles ;)
I teach IT skills, as well as confidence programs to ex-drug users. I tried it the other week. Got two people up. Did the routine asked if he felt anything. He said no. Someone across the room said yes! Now that's weird.. :rotf:
Banachek's Psychokinetic Touches is a beautiful routine. *Personally* the 'ghost story' described in the manuscript doesn't appeal to me but there are other ways to present PK Touches (as Steve Cohen demonstrates quite nicely in his show)

PK Touches is available through Magical Inspirations via Banachek's site http://www.banachek.org/

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
Message: Posted by: A l a i n B e ll o n (Nov 12, 2002 06:01PM)
Shrink,

Wow. Yes and it is those moments that you've got to love as a mentalist.
Shrink.. SOMETHING JUST TAPPED ME TWICE ON THE SHOULDER!
PK Touches is a truly remarkable piece of thinking, and one of the handful of effects that you can do utterly impromptu. I tend to use it in tandem with a Derrenesque 'tapping the back of the hand' routine using Mesika's loops, as the two flow beautifully & logically into each other.

When performing these effects, it's fascinating to listen as people try to rationalise what they have just experienced. I've had hardened skeptics utterly baffled and willing to completely rethink their worldview - I'm thinking in particular of a couple I performed it for a week or two ago (one a mathematician, the other a philosophy graduate, both highly intelligent, rational and skeptical by nature). The mathematician finally decided that the only way she could explain what she had 'felt' was that I am somehow able to 'project' static electricity at will. The philosophy grad found this explanation harder to swallow, and decided that I had simply put them both into a hypnotic state by means of some fiendish rapid induction technique...

Wonderful stuff. You owe it to yourself to check it out asap.

Tony G.
Gardinski:

Mesika's Loops sounds really interesting can you tell me a bit more about this effect? Where it can be purchased etc. I saw Marc Salem do something similar a few months back. I think I have an idea how he did it. The audience loved it. And if its similar they did flow well together!
Hi Shrink,

Loops can be picked from various UK magic dealers. International Magic stock them at (I think) 8 for a packet of 5. Alakazam & JBs also have them, I believe. They have a tendency to break VERY easily at first, until you get used to handling them, but I'm prepared to forgive them their trespasses, as they enable you to do lots of wonderful little things like spinning forks around and making pencils dance... OK, so dancing pencils are not strictly 'mentalism', but you can credit anything to 'the power of the mind' if you can summon up the chutzpah!

You can wear them on your wrists all night long, ready to be called into action at a moment's notice.

I'll PM you with an extended message detailing the intricacies of the 'tapping the back of the hand' thingy.

Cheers,
Tony G.

---------
[quote]
On 2002-11-12 20:06, shrink wrote:
Gardinski:

Mesika's Loops sounds really interesting can you tell me a bit more about this effect? Where it can be purchased etc. [/quote]
Drew...

Believe it or not, nobody touched you on the shoulder...I actually touched ALLTHUMBS and nobody else...isn't that weird?
I'm calling the police.

;)

All the best,

Kris Sheglova
Hi,

Could someone describe the tapping on the back of the hand effect. I have used loops for years but have not come across this application. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Stan
Wasn't this aura tap done in the Philippines? If I recall, they would tap a persons forehead.

They used a horse as a gimmick (this will mean something to those who know the method I'm refering to).

Kevin
Hello all
Tapping the back of the hand' routine was invented by me many years ago. (around 1986-1987)
Part of it can be found in the Mesika book for the loops.
I did it on Israeli TV on 1993 and use it in all my shows.
It can be done for 2 to 2500 people
I am happy to see that many people does it
with out buying the book or asking permission to use it on TV

Good luck

Lior
Hello Lior,

Thanks for clarifying the situation. Having not read the Mesika book, I had no idea that you were the originator of this excellent routine.

I first saw Derren do it on one of his Mind Control shows about 18 months ago, and automatically assumed it was 'his' effect. Then, upon discovering loops the method became obvious to me, and it is by far my favourite application of these cunning little objects.

I will make a point of crediting you with the original concept in any future discussions.

Many thanks once again for a wonderful effect.

Sincerely,
Tony G.

---------
Are all these effects based on the same effects Banachek uses or are they all different?
Aren't the loops the IT? Well, how could they do the hand trick then?

Sorry, dumb question, but I never heard of that trick? What is it then? :confused:
Nelson,

There are very strong differences between the effects being discussed here.

Stan
I have not seen Banachek perform, and to be honest, this is the first I have ever heard about PK Touches. This effect sounds fantastic. I am curious where more information can be found about it. I checked Banachek's website, but his FOR SALE section is under construction.

Can somebody help?
(please note, I am not asking you to tip the info here. I am looking to purchase the video or manuscript that PK Touches is detailed in.)

Also, I would like to know what the learning curve is like. Example: Spoon bending (a la PK Silverware) is easy to DO, but takes awhile to get it down so it is convincing. There is a LOT of showmanship to it. WHereas a Book Test generally takes less showmanship to pull off due to the fact that the gaff does a lot of the work for you.
Thanks Stan. I was really getting confused. It's good to know there are different techniques. I'll start with Banachek's, since I've always had great results with his effects.

:yippee:
Guy Bavli teaches a PK touches style routine in his lecture (or at least he did a few years ago). I'm not sure if it is his own version or just one that he uses.

Tim
In 'The Cantrip Codex', 'Doc' Shiels has an effect where the spectator can actually feel the performer's bioelectrical energy tingling through his/her head. Method two as discussed in this thread.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
tingling through their hand? sounds very much like my "healing hand" effect to be released soon in my new book. My effect is this... a participant is told the story of a spiritual healer and how he used to heal the sick, the performer then waves his hand slowly abouth three inches above and up the specs arm ,they feel tingly, hot, or cold senstaions running through their arm..this isnt a "I THIN KI FELT SOMETHING" this is a "WHAT THE HELL?!?!" type reaction...no gimmicks..totally imromptu.."