(Close Window)
Topic: Super Hero Theme
I was asked recently by a parent if I could do any super hero magic. All the kids were coming to the party dressed as Spiderman or Batman. I clipped on a cape & had my Y-front underwear on the outside to be Magic Man. :crazydude:
I am custom making my own colouring book containing Super Hero images. Any other ideas or experiances you guys have related to a super hero themed magic show would be interesting.
Years ago, back when there was just DC and Marvel I did some peliminary thinking on a comic book based show.

A Captain America based die box using the cosmic cube instead of a die.

Self colouring artwork ala the magic picture frame.

These are the only two that come to mind at the moment, but I have a cold and just downed some Ny-Quil so I will see if I can add to this post in the morning.
You could play monte with cards with criminals and a hero. You could do the detective and criminals with a superhero card. Of course, you could levitate a card with a picture of a superhero on it.

I'd get some blank cards and customise them.
Do something about police and firefighters, they are the real heros.
Using the sliding box (pizza box, cookie box, etc). Make the invisible man (who is pictured on a disc) become invisible. When you open the doors, he is gone. Kids yell, use all the jokes and gags. Later, find the invisible man on your back or somewhere of choice.

cheers,

John
Super Heros why not use balloons-check out Shirley Ray she as some great ideas including spiderman!www.balloonparade.co.uk
There's a wonderful routine by Tim Sonafelt using silks called 'the Hero in You' and its a great motivational as well as magical piece of entertainment! Check it out!
Why not display some super powers yourself? Things that come to mind include:

X-Ray vision
Super strength (strong man stunts or the old Superman coal-to-diamond trick)
Spiderman-like ability to have things stick to your hands (a wand, for example)
Invisio Ray Generator (turning things invisible and back again)
Mind Reading/Telepathy (like Professor Xavier)

You get the picture. If you don't want the powers yourself, you can rely on gadgets like the ones that supervillains so often have. You could also make the power temporary. Give yourself a shot using one of those fake blood syringes and you get the Spiderman power for five minutes. Everything sticks to your hands. This could be funny!

Yours,

Paul
'Super Chicken" by Barry Mitchell works perfectly for my show, it's interactive and very entertaining.

Sal
Again along the super hero theme, check out Barry Mitchell's 'magnet Man'. Essentially its a Silkola effect but dressed up in a super hero packaging starring the incredible 'magnet man'!!! If you prefer, you can make it up if you purchase the PDF files which come as a package deal with barry's new book "Building a better mousetrap'
Check out the "Handbook Of Superpowers" by Andrrew Mayne.

Intersting stuff.

S. Patrick