(Close Window)
Topic: Bobos new modern coin magic
I have searched about this book, as id like to start using coins, What are the differences berween the modern coin magic and the new modern coin magic apart from the price?
New modern coin magic is hardbound and more expensive. It also has more chapters and information in it.
Message: Posted by: T. Joseph O'Malley (Jun 28, 2005 10:20AM)
It also tends to lie more flatly on the table when you're trying to work through the moves and routines contained within. This alone makes it worth the additional price. It's not that expensive, either.
Thanks for the info, I agree I'm sick of my copy of RRTCM closing up when I'm trying to decipher its description of the pass. that's sorted that then
I asked the same question not long ago and opted for the more expensive hardback version. It was WELL worth the money. although if you are new to coin magic (as I am) I suggest getting a DVD/Video aswell as it makes the initial learning of some of the moves that much easier and quicker. I have Michael Ammar - The complete introduction to Coin Magic. I highly recommend it.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 28, 2005 11:28AM)
The hardcover book makes a more impressive closeup case for your coins and props later on. Especially if you keep the dust jacket in good shape.
I have both since I bought the paperback first...

The hardback is worth the extra money for sure.
I have Bobo's soft cover Modern Coin Magic and have been working out of it for the last yesr or so. What additional information is included in the hard cover that I am missing out on?

Chris
Well all I can say is that magicbox came up trumps again and I now have new modern cois magic, its immense and I'm now going back to reading it, thanks for the input all
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 30, 2005 06:01AM)
I've been contemplating putting a copenetro into a book... and that would make a good book to use. ;)