|Topic: My review for Bill Malone's "On The Loose" Volume Three.|
As said before, I use a 1-10, with 10 being PERFECT rating scale. I judge on The Tricks, (Impact), Technique, Teaching Style & Understanding, and Video Quality, such as Camera Angles...ECT.
1) Direct From The Factory - This is Bill's presentation for the Mental Photography Deck which is a Marketed Item. It was because of this I baught a New Deck of this type. I use is presentation but the beginning is changed slightly, and I keep out one of the Sleights he uses. Basically a deck of blank cards goes to fronts and backs then blands again. In the explantion he even shows you how you can tear up the Boxed Deck at the end from a idea he got from Ron, or Paul Wilson, I forget who??? This is very entertaining. I EASILY rate this a (9.5).
2) The Kings Produce - This is a Straight forward way to produce the aces between two kings (or any cards) on top of the deck. The method isn't too sophisticated but it kills. In this way you can go into a Four Of A Kind Trick. I rate this a (7.5).
3) Maxi-Twist - Again this is another I so. I do more off this volume than the others. Anyway, this is a AWESOME twisting the Aces effect, but at the end you wind up with a Ace, a Two, a Three, and a Four, so it has kind of a NFW ungimmicked effect to it. It's VERY BRILLIANT, and isn't too hard to do. This is a VERY GREAT trick I easily rate a (9.5).
4) Apex Aces - This is based on a older Harry Lorayne trick. You have four aces face-up on top of a face-down deck. This one REALLY fooled me, the appearance of the Aces I should say. This one will DEFINATELY take practice. It uses a move I don't do. This one fries people. I rate this a (9.5).
5) Name Any Number And You Can Do It Too (Cutting Tens Included) - Basically in the first part a card is taken then shuffled lost into the deck. The person names a number 10-20, you from the middle cut that number, and they count the cards ans his card is at the number they called for. The method is okay the effect seems to hit great. It's Cutting Tens I really like and do. You tell the people to try to cut ten cards from the top. You explain it's estimation a method Magician's use. As I said I love this misdirection and sucker type ending better than cutting high and tie. Anyway each packet is off usually but the top four cards of each pile is a TEN. Nice Joke, I think. I do the last ten by using the move on the last ace on cutting high and tie. I DO however count the remaining cards but side to side. I rate this a (9). The FIRST part I rate a (8).
6) Bill's Card's Across - Again this is another one I do. Basically cards between two hands travel bewteen the cards between another's hand's (or butts as he does it). It uses a well known method but it's a REAL FOOLER. I KNOW. It's done so fair and above board. It's so good Bill too did this one on a "World's Greatest Magic" Special. This is SO, SO, EASY to rate. It's a (9.5).
7) Bill's Standing Ovation Invisible Deck - In one word. Excellent. You make the person putting on the event a star. It's so funny. The spectator play's the part of the Magician. A spectator mixes a invisible deck of cards. Then goes into the audience for someone to pull and remember one card. They do. The person then gives the deck to you which you make visible. The person names their card, and the one card facing the opposite direction is theirs. His patter really adds to this. It's the best presentation I've EVER seen os this deck. I use the Brainwave myself instead. This really fools them but entertains which is key. This gets a EASY (9.5).
Like I said this tape is my favorite out of the series. He's so funny, and you'll learn a lot not just in Technique, but in patter and presentation as well. You really got to buy this series if you're serious about becoming a GREAT PERFORMER. I rate this tape a (9).