(Close Window)
Topic: Name that effect
I was recently working at a show with 6 other magicians. One of them was performing a routine that I didn't recognize. I don't exactly know the details of it other than it starts off as Professor's Nightmare (Equal-Unequal) and then becomes a linking ropes routine. It sounds interesting, but I've never heard of the routine. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Bye for now

Harold
Sorry but not to me. You may need to be a bit more descriptive.
Wish I could, but as I said, I didn't see the routine so I am only guessing ... That magician was working at the same time I was, and because I was going ropes, he asked me if I was doing professor's nightmare (I wasn't). He then briefly described what he was doing. Step by step, I THINK what he did was 3 unequal ropes to 3 equal ropes, then (putting one rope aside) 2 equal ropes to 1 equal rope. He tied that one long rope into a loop, and had the spectator tie the other one into a loop. He then linked the two loops (a la David Williamson's ring & rope routine). However, I don't know if that is exactly what he did. That's about as clear as I can be.
Sounds like something daryl did only backwards...

dug
[quote]
On 2005-07-22 15:54, phread wrote:
Sounds like something daryl did only backwards...

dug
[/quote]