(Close Window)
Topic: Freakatorium
Is no more, Johnny packed up his collection a couple months ago from what I understand...if you have any info on why, please post it.
There was an article on it a couple months ago--you might be able to do a web search and find it
It was due to the cost of his rent doubling.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Thanks
He bought a house in Connecticut and to have both places left him no time. He has a very beautiful wife. Spending more time with her might also have something to do with it.
Sorry to hear he has closed down, we went there last October and I found his little room a mine of joy, he had a great collection of Giant Rings which appeal to me!!!
We saw Johnny working at the Annapolis Ren Fair, he gave a very good polished performance and appealed to the crowds there (I believe it was his 23rd year) He was very kind to Pat and me,showering us with gifts(T shirts etc) Made us most welcome.Upon our return we sent him a 5ftX4ft Photo of the Freak Congress which we used to exhibit on our travelling show, he had plans to fix it to the ceiling in the Freakatorium due to the lack of space available, in return he was going to PC a copy of Melvin Burkharts photo which he had on display,,,this never transpired,so now I know why.

We both have very fond memories of Johnny`s little den, sad its gone.

Yes Todd, he has a very beautiful wife!!!!

Good luck to them both, in their new venture.
Have you seen his coin work ....wow he's great !!!