(Close Window)
Topic: Learning the watch steal
Any recomendations for books/dvds or videos that contain good advice on learning the watch steal?
Just do it
then go change your underwear
NCR
There is a watch steal in the classic Stars of Magic. I don't have my copy to hand right now and I cant remember who the routine belongs to.
The Watch Steal Video DVD is probly a good beat. Scott Hitchcock is a exceptional watch stealer.
Blueboy, the watchsteal belongs to Francis Carlyle. Gregory Wilson also teaches it in his infamous impromptu magic dvd, On the Spot.
I'll look into one(or more) of these. Thank you!
I would strongly encourage you to get hold of Chappy Brazil's video, that will get you on track.
On Greg Wilson´s "On The Spot" you can find a really good way to steal watches, or you can simply buy Chappy Brazil´s - "Watch Steal DVD"
I second Chappy Brazil. Simply THEE BEST
[quote]
On 2005-08-24 13:58, dragonchaos91 wrote:
Blueboy, the watchsteal belongs to Francis Carlyle. Gregory Wilson also teaches it in his infamous impromptu magic dvd, On the Spot.
[/quote]

How good does Greg teach it on the video?
TKE, I didn't know that you were a magician.. Do some magic on you next Gotti show!

PS, it is supposed to be a picture of YOU!! :)
I would NOT recomend Mastering the Art of Watch Stealing. The DVD more "shows off" Coats ability to steal watches.
That's what I heard too.
MagicBoy Greg goes over the watch steal fairly briefly..But if you get On The Spot youre also getting a bunch of more powerful impromptu effects along with it..I'd say get chappys vid. he goes in depth and spends the whole time dedicated to that one effect.

PS- I'm disregarding the gotti comment because I saw your website & you look you're 12 ...have a club soda on me kid

Cheers ;D
The best way to practice it is very similar to practicing the classic force - Just keep doing it when it is not an integral part of a routine, just try to do it and if you can - great, if not, no biggie.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
[quote]
On 2005-12-31 14:14, TKE wrote:
MagicBoy Greg goes over the watch steal fairly briefly..But if you get On The Spot youre also getting a bunch of more powerful impromptu effects along with it..I'd say get chappys vid. he goes in depth and spends the whole time dedicated to that one effect.

PS- I'm disregarding the gotti comment because I saw your website & you look you're 12 ...have a club soda on me kid

Cheers ;D
[/quote]

I am 14. And I don't like club soda... Is that really a picture of you, or IS it a gotti? If its you, then your pretty hot! ;)

NO I DO NOT SWING THAT WAY IN CASE YOU ARE INTERSTED!!!!!
Alright this isn't the cupidcafe..my picture is really me and if you're serious about learning the watchsteal know it takes heart and balls the first couple of times you attempt it..good luck with it
I don't do the watch steal. Im afraid someone will kick my butt. But I might try learning it so I can do it for family and friends.
Great advice by thought reader.
Perhaps the easiest watch steal is preshowing for it. You get the same reaction, it's super clean, and don't have to worry about getting beaten up. I've fooled even pickpockets. There's nothing to catch!

Roland
http://www.danceofillusion.com
I want to do it but I don't want to mess up in front of an audience. how should I practice?

Matt
Hi!

There is a lot of good information how you can practise watch steal in this forum. :)
First wrap some rag around the broom and use that as a fake hand and practise your technique(s).
Then borrow your friend and you can try how your misdirection and watch steal actually work. If it don't work... Well then your friend can tell what went wrong and you can add some changes.

Practise and practise a lot and you become good in your business...

-Käki