(Close Window)
Topic: Card boxes
Message: Posted by: Dusty the magic clown (Sep 13, 2005 07:20AM)
What do you all do to keep the boxes that the cards come in from falling apart? This is a problem I frequently encounter. I apppreciate any suggestions
Buy new decks of cards.
I keep my cards in leather card cases. They last for years...are very professional looking and makes removing the cards much easier.

Other than that wrap your box in loads of cellotape.

Steve Dela
My decks don't last long enough to allow for the box to get beat up.
My card cases don't get worn - I use a new deck for every professional show I do. In fact, I usually leave the cards behind at most gigs. Seeing a 'professional' perform with a dog eared pack is an insult to the booker and to the audience - as bad as seeing a close-up magician with dirty fingernails. If you must use the old cards use them for practice.
Is there anywhere you can buy card boxes - cardboard mind you - and not the cards?
This would be useful for ringing in marked decks - decks marked and also worn in!
You would still need to seal the decks, but that wouldn't be hard.

A.
[quote]
On 2005-09-13 08:20, Dustythemagicshrineclown wrote:
What do you all do to keep the boxes that the cards come in from falling apart? This is a problem I frequently encounter. I apppreciate any suggestions
[/quote]

If the card boxes are wearing out because you are carrying them around in your pockets.... which is the only thing I could think of, buy a Joe Porper card clip.

http://www.porperoriginals.com/misc_clip.htm

I have several of them. They will keep the cards (and their box) fresh, straight, and crisp. DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER TYPE OF CARD CLIP! (my humble opinion, but look through this site)

When I first started with cards, I went through a couple of decks a week, now a deck will last a month with the clip. The clips are VERY GOOD for protecting your expensive gaff decks too.
Yes, Joe Porper's card clip is the best out there to protect your cards and card case. Another moderate price range alternative for a card guard is to buy from Penguinmagic.com/ They are like 5 bucks made of stainless steel. They are not as good as Joe Porper's, but they serve me well in protecting my cardcase.
[quote]
On 2005-09-13 12:09, Alewishus wrote:
Is there anywhere you can buy card boxes - cardboard mind you - and not the cards?
This would be useful for ringing in marked decks - decks marked and also worn in!
You would still need to seal the decks, but that wouldn't be hard.

A.
[/quote]

Umm...couldnt you just use a box from a old deck that doesn't need a box anymore?
That's a good idea
What methodes do you do
I third or fourth the suggestion to get a porper!!!

Porpers are amazing, I have 2 and will pick up more soon I think.

This not only will protect your box, but will keep your cards completely fresh!!!
The Joshua Jay Pro Carrier is also pretty handy.
I do to many ambitious signed cards to worry about keeping old decks. I do mystery box 2 with a signed card .. great responses.
I always carry my deck in my pocket without a case, so when tanle hooping can get right into the effect rather than fiddiling with the case. I am wondering however if any of you use some sort of clip on your waist to hold a loose deck of cards. Also needs to be easily accessable. Any ideas?
You can buy empty card cases at Haines House of Cards.