(Close Window)
Topic: After the Show
What do you do right after the show is finished? What about when you are doing it to family friends or any friends or family in general? Just wondering.
Normally I make balloon animals, say my goodbyes, pick up my check, and leave.
I say "who ever wants one of my business cards get in line in front of me, but I will give them out to the girls first".
Al
I always always say how good the kids were - this quite often gets a response of how good I was - then I normally say 'it helps when you've got nice kids in front of you'.
expect for little johnny the litlle s***!!! - er...i don't really say that bit!
I usually say, "You have been a great audience but before we go Kelly and I would like to just say that we hope was have amazed you, we hope we have amused you... but most of all... we hope we put a big smile on your face. Thanks and have a great day here at (such and such)." Makes for a nice little ending and I then go out towards my audience and shakle hands and talk to the kids if they want to talk with me or let them see harvey (our rabbit in the hat puppet).

Kyle
I talk to the person in charge of the show to arrange some type of special event directly after my show. If itís a birthday party, usually itís the cake and ice cream. If itís a Christmas Party, Santa usually is afterwards. It varies from event to event, the key is to set this up when booking the event to find out what other things will be going on before and after my performance.

This system allows me to do two things. First I can easily close my show and transition the children into the next part of the venue to help keep things under control. This show's that Iím trying to help those who are running the event keep it under control even as Iím leaving. Second, it gives me the time (w/ minimal pressure) to clean up my props, close my cases and collect the remainder of my fee upon exiting the door with out worrying about lingering crowds, etc. Iíve found that this keeps the focus on the children and not on me, the performer.

There are times when I do remain later after the show; usually while the children are eating cake, etc. I put everything away except anything that will be needed such as my animals, balloons, etc.

This might not work for everyone, but Iíve found that it works and is really effective MOST of the time. Iíve received great reviews from parents; they understand that Iím a professional and not trying to Ďbeí the party.
I have this large foam rubber camera (Karen Bell) I have funny pics in the back and I go around and take pics of the kids & adults. Once the kids see the flash and the 'odd' pics, they ALL want their pictures taken.
Just adding alittle more fun after the show.