(Close Window)
Topic: Impromptu - Harlan or Mullica ???
I'm going back and forth between these 2 DvD Sets. There's Tom Mullica's Expert Impromptu Magic Volumes 1, 2, and 3. And then there's Dan Harlan's Ultimate Impromptu Magic Volumes 1, 2, and 3.

Any reviews, suggestions, or opinions???

Thanks!
I can't say anything for the DVDs you mentioned but I would suggest the Greg Wilson Off the Cuff and On the Spot DVDs. It has tons of great material in it.
I didn't love Tom Mullica's DVD. Not a lot of stuff you'll use.
I found a number of nice bits on the Harlan videos. I would try to locate them on VHS because you'll get them for CHEAP in that format and unlike most magic teaching videos you won't really benifit from having them on DVD because you won't have to watch them time and time again to learn the material. Most of it is pretty simple stuff...
DEFINETLY HARLAN!! excellent stuff! harlan is one of my favorite magicians of all time, I use 75% of the stuff, and his tips on routining are priceless! highly recommended!
Get Dan Harlan!
Hey,

I can't speak for the Harlan vids, but there is a TON of material on the Mullica Sets. The Mullica vids are very entertaining to watch as well.... The Greg Wilson videos mentioned above are nice, but there isn't a TON of material...

Thanks,

Matt
Dan Harlan.

However, for pratical impromptu dvds, with tricks that you'll actually use..

I advice:

Jim Pace - Visu-antics
+
Larry Anderson's Jawdroppers - Volumes 1 to 4

Steve
How about a book, Martin Gardner's Encyclopedia of Impromptu magic?
I second the encyclopedia of impromptu magic.
this book is great. I definetly recommend it but
I don't suggest giving up on the videos.
I studied the Mullica series and I love it. I am still waiting for the harlan series that I ordered a few days ago so I can't say much about that.
greg wilson's on the spot is a good video. the effects are nice.of course you won't use all of it and there is definetly not a ton of material on it.
but I still recommend it as I like greg's style and approach.
all the best

-Matt
Dan Harlan is now on myspace! Harlan fans check him out! http://www.myspace.com/danharlanmagic
I second Gregory Wilson!
Hey Matt...
What did you wind up getting? I would have voted for a combination of Harlan's DVDs and Gardner's Encyclopedia (out of what was mentioned). I'm curious to know the outcome and your assessment of your decision now a year+ down the road.