(Close Window)
Topic: aid, advice, or a reference please...
I brought this topic up in the banquet room, and someone suggested trying it here, (as it may get more responses) so...

I've been thinking over the past day or two about a possibility to continually load cards into backpalm position (or any other really. I mention backpalm because this seems to be the easiest so far) for a (hopefully) very clean and open looking single production.

What I was kinda thinking was, maybe produce a card in standard backpalm style with the rght hand (have some cards secretly palmed in the left).

Produce the single and show the hand very cleanly. (as it truly only has the one card) then place the card into the right hand to hold, (secretly stealing a card into backpalm to repeat) and then continue from there.

My question is, has someone devised a way for this to be done? If so, can someone give a reference?

If it hasn't been done, can anyone help come up with practical way to try this? I have one possibility (similar to the T. Allan (sp?) transfer, discussed briefly in the McBride series) but I can't really say that I find it all that satisfying at this point.

In any event, do you think such a move would be easy to figure out from an audience point of view? It wouldn't be a move done many times, but 3-5 in a row, thrown in occasionally, I imagine that it might be surprising.

Thoughts, comments, advice, a reference...

Thanks,
Richard Osterlind had a pretty cool load on his video Challenge Magic.

The producion was a single card (from palm). Very snappy and right at the fingertips. The hand is shown very cleanly empty after the production. The load could be a single card or multiple cards for producing fans.

Very nice piece of magic.
The first thing that comes to my mind is the transfer that McB. does on, Art of Card Manipulation vol. 2 during the Thurston 5 card vanish & reproduction. He uses the same move in... one of the Tenkai productions on vol. 3 also. If you really want to have a very clean "continuous production" you might also look into the million dollar production (AoCM vol. 3) and look into vesting and clipping. (AoCM vol. 2) (Excelsior clips from your local office depot).

Lewis Ganson also vaguely describes one in his (quite nifty) opening card act in Routined Manipulations vol. 2 p. 66

-Dan
That's sort of what I'm working with now. It's ok I guess, but it's not as clean as I'd like it to be (at least not with the amount of practice I've been able to give it at this point).
At any rate. thanks for the references guys. Looks like I've got a book and a video to hunt down.