(Close Window)
Topic: Question about copper coin.
I always think copper coin in cs routine is an British 2p coin. Now I m in London, I find 2p coin is much samller than the half dollar. Can you guys tell me what kind of copper coin should I use in the cs routine if I want to use a half dollar.By the way what dose the gimmick's copper side looks like?
THX
The copper coin used with a half is an [b]old[/b] 'one penny' coin.
The profile of Queen Elizabeth II is on the copper side of my gaff.
Here's a picture.
http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=7838
Try one of the street flea market or antique fairs. They are usually held on Sat. & or Sunday. While it has been a number of years since I was there, I picked up a ton of them & the price then was five for a $1.00. To them it is junk, to magicians, it is a great find.
Thank you guys .
Unfortunately, I m now in london. -_-
But I will try to find some antique shop here.
Goto Davenport's Magic Shop at Charing cross tube station. They sell these coins cheap.
THX, I was speaking about the flea markets & antique fairs in London. Since you are there, go to one.
That's cool. I m now live in egham. Its kind of hard for me to go to the centre of London. But I m sure I will got to davenport's magic shop as soon as I got time .
Cheers mates
Jaz my man, that's a great pic of you here. Oh and to all out there, check out his magic art work on his website ( http://www.mykard.com/jaz/ ), very cool stuff.

But to stay on topic here, just wondering why magic shops here in the states charge so much for these English Pennies. $3-5 bucks sometimes for a single coin, ridiculous! Best to find you a buddy in jolly ol' England that can get you a bag full of these "junk" coins for practically nothing from a flea market or such, and pay the guy the postage and handling to send it to you here. Make your money back if you must by re-selling them way below the market here, or better yet give'm away to magicians that ask and need them as a good deed. The most an English Penny should be is 50cents or a buck maybe. They are not rare coins and magic shops here or anywhere should be ashamed to sell them to their loyal customers for such trumped-up prices.