(Close Window)
Topic: Seance
Just a heads up for those of you still looking for the bound text of Seance magazine. Richard Kaufman is about to reprint it.

Mark
<<<severing right arm and leg in anticipation of the cost] Thanks, Mark -- I'm in!
Leland, it's actually much less expensive than you'd think. (Unfortunately for me, as I paid dearly for my copy.)

Best,
Neil
Hey, that's a gotta get! I can't wait.

Neil, are you familiar with the Resurrection Mary legend? I believe it is from the Chicago area. I recently ran across it and thought it might be made into something to perform.
[quote]
On 2005-10-21 12:11, Bill Ligon wrote:
[/quote]

What, Lelands right arm and leg ? Yeah, that would be pretty cool and just in time for Halloween ...
:bwink:
[quote]
On 2005-10-21 12:11, Bill Ligon wrote:

Neil, are you familiar with the Resurrection Mary legend? I believe it is from the Chicago area. I recently ran across it and thought it might be made into something to perform.
[/quote]

Hi Bill,

It's the first ghost story in my "Supernatural Chicago" show, and probably the best-known ghost story in Chicago. I'm required by law to tell it. And yes, I have made it into a very effective performance piece, as Eugene Burger's review in the January 2005 issue of Genii Magazine will attest.

For a treasure trove of Chicago area ghost lore, I recommend the books of Ursula Bielski.

Best,
Neil
Neil, I'd love to see your "Supernatural Chicago" show, but unfortunately, I am not very close to Chicago.

While going through some old things, I recently ran across an audio tape of the Rez Mary legend in music sent to me by someone in the music business some years ago. I wasn't certain if it was a well-known story or not. Obviously, it is.
Mystician, actually I was referring to the bound Seance magazine, but I'll take Leland's arm and leg if he has no further use for them. Talk about a kick-*** Halloween decoration! (pun intended). Hey, I could even wave to the kiddies!
Being that I'm new in the Bizzare world. Is this something you guys would suggest a long time magician but beginner in the bizzare should get?
Paisa-- I don't own the whole bound set, just a few individual issues. Those issues of sťance that I have read always stimulate my thinking. I can't wait for them to be reprinted. I would highly recommend them to you.

Dave
Thank you very much. Where arethey being advertised?
Even if it is just as a preorder.
Is the book on ebay at moment(containing all magazines) the same book in discussion here? Do a search for Seance Ebay links tend to get deleted.
Yes, yes it is. The one on ebay, that is.

Palsa, it's advertised in the new Genii (Nov. issue).

It's advertised for $60 for preorder and $75 after publication. Good price, especially preorder. The only issue for me is I need to pay for the new Max Maven book first.

Mark
Currently clubbing myself to death with my expensive copy bought years ago.
Don't beat yourself up too much Sean. While your copy has certainly lost monetary value with the reprinting, think of the value of having all that information and inspiration for those extra years. Priceless...

Dave
Can anybody supply a link to the site for pre prder of "seance" ?
The advertisement apparently occurs in Genii's November issue:

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000141#000000

You should be able to order at the prepublication price here:

http://kaufman.geniimagazine.com/booksandtapes.html

Scroll to the bottom for contact information.

Although I really don't recommend this book (I don't want anyone else having it either)!

ajp
I just got an e mail from richard kaufman saying he is not going to re print the seance book untill some time next year, and he is NOT accepting pre orders.

so were did this rumour begin?
Funny, he printed it in Genii.

Mark
[quote]
On 2005-10-23 14:38, lastnitesfun wrote:
Funny, he printed it in Genii.

Mark
[/quote]

Lol.
I hope he does reprint it now,I let the one on ebay go.
Okay, from the man himself, books will ship from the printers any day now. Don't know who you wrote that email Oska, but I don't think it was Richard Kauffman. The pre-order price of $60 is apparently good until November 15.

Mark
I'm getting one........where do I order?
I checked ebay and there are 3 copies for sale over $95...........
Suckers, one and all...
I think you can order through the Genii page, Richard said something about having the forms on line soon. Or you can email him through their homepage: http://www.geniimagazine.com

Mark
I did receive an e mail from richard kaufman , and he did say he WAS NOT REPUBLISHING UNTIL SOMETIME NEXT YEAR ! but as you rightly say he has said on genie forum that copies are now available - don't know whats going on here so I have sent an e mail to him again. maybe its because I'm in the UK.
Ok, all is revealed . he mistakely thought I asked about spirit theatre ! [which he is re publishing next year} . BUT "seance" is indeed being re published now - so get your orders in !
Well that's a relief. I was starting to worry that one of us was nuts. And I have more evidence to suggest it might be me.

Mark
Thanks Mark. But the great news to come out of all this is that he is [b]also[/b] re-publishing "[b]Spirit Theater[/b]" in the new year.
Can't wait!
I saw them in Genii magazine. But I thought I also read that these wouldnt be out untill next year.
'Them' = Spirit Theater and what other books?
Does anyone have a link to where we can buy this?
Sorry papaG wrong use of grammer in my post ! he is re publishing "seance" now, and "spirit theater" early next year.

t-ray, the link is earlier in this thread by sleightly.
Anyone lucky enough to already own Seance care to tip their favourite parts of the collection?
Just to give you guys a heads up

http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/

Ok it didn't go to the page I wanted but its under hot new items.
Seance by Scott Moore-Davis
Just search for Seance.
This is something I would love to have.. maybe $omeday...
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/
THANKS!
I just ordered it with the Capricornian Tales............thanks for the link