(Close Window)
Topic: New Video: Evanesce and Remigrate
Basically we have here are the wither vanish, and Nabil change from Cultural Xchange 1 and the Messiah Vanish from Sankey's Rev. Coin magic, all rolled together with a few of my own additions and a few coin rolls scattered about.

ALL of the coin reproductions are my own additions (I'm not claiming them to be completely original, but I didn't get them from any books or videos) and the nose thing is from a magician friend of mine (but not the reproduction, that was my own addition). All of this can be done for real people in real time (I know that because I do it all the time, just without the catchy music).

Thanks for watching.

[url=http://media.putfile.com/CoinClip99] Evanesce and Remigrate [/url]

A heads up: This is a large file, so it will take a while to load. Let it sit while you browse the Café, because it will take a few mins to load.

BTW, a deck of Jerry's Nugget playing cards to the person who can identify what the music is and who composed it.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Oct 24, 2005 06:48AM)
Thanks, it looked very good. And some of us do listen to contemporary music. ;)
I guess nobody wants a deck of Jerry's Nugget cards. Oh well.
Sorry cant get the page to open..
[quote]
On 2005-10-27 18:26, paisa23 wrote:
Sorry cant get the page to open..
[/quote]

That's a shame, it's a rather good video. PM me your E-mail address.

The same goes for anyone else who is interested, PM me your Address and I'll send it to you.
Very Nice..
Don't know the music even though I do like it...
Great work Jordini....no idea as to the music though.

Dave
Sounded like music from zelda. or some video game I played before.
[quote]
On 2005-10-27 22:27, LiquidSn wrote:
Sounded like music from zelda. or some video game I played before.

[/quote]

BINGO

You win a pat on the back, congrats. It's from Ocarina of Time.

As for those who can't get it to load, try letting it SIT for like 5 mins, it's a VERY large file. I'll still email.
Nice!!!!

you should have busted out the slide after the messiah vanish :)

Another thing though is that you flash on the nabil change major due to the coin turning and zipping out of view before covered by fingers.... just a timing thing.

good stuff though, keep up the good work!
Convert your AVI's to wmv or mpg that will shrink them considerably. I'd be happy to direct you to some free software to do it, but most video cameras come with that stuff already.
[quote]
On 2005-10-28 03:24, Daegs wrote:
Nice!!!!

you should have busted out the slide after the messiah vanish :)

Another thing though is that you flash on the nabil change major due to the coin turning and zipping out of view before covered by fingers.... just a timing thing.

good stuff though, keep up the good work!
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing about slide actually...

I thought the nabil change looked pretty good...I guess I'll have to look CLOSER at it. There is another flash I noticed which [b]I[/b] thought was pretty major but nobody noticed??

[quote]
On 2005-10-28 10:35, llsouder wrote:
Convert your AVI's to wmv or mpg that will shrink them considerably. I'd be happy to direct you to some free software to do it, but most video cameras come with that stuff already.
[/quote]

That would be fantastic thank you!
I just watched it again. The nabil doesn't FLASH really, it just looks like the coin vanishes, then another coin appears.
You actually flashed on the messiah vanish as well xP. the nabil change and wither vanish look amazing!
[quote]
On 2005-10-28 23:01, aka wrote:
You actually flashed on the messiah vanish as well xP. the nabil change and wither vanish look amazing!
[/quote]

Ooops. Maybe I should re-shoot it. I'll do it tomorrow.
Well... yeah the messiah and the second whither vanish(with chip) both flash but I didn't want to mention those :)

those are more just angles, where the Nabil change flash was due to just technique.(ie work on nabil but don't worry about others because they probably wont happen with real spectators, only the camera that was pretty low).
The change was really good, however, I didn't like the other bits. Not because you did them badly, but I just dislike them (though I suppose they can be good at the right times)

It doesn't seem like a practical routine too... so that's one thing I didn't like about it. I personally prefer back clip and edge grip stuff, seems more clean to me.
Just so everyone knows, I did this at a paying gig last night for REAL people (well, 13 year olds) and they loved it. No flashes either. :)

(I know because when there are flashes, 13 year olds will tell me so).
I agree with Jordini(and obviously shoot and apollo), a JW grip based vanish sequence is definatly doable for a real audience.

I'm not saying it should make up the bulk of your work, but the idea's behind keeping the coin in the same area and moving your hands AROUND it do make for a very clean and amazing vanish/change/reproduction sequence.
Ok, I am definately getting Cultural Xchange. Someone gave me Cultrual Xchange 2, and when I put it on, I realized why, but ***, I must get this one. Thank you!
Cultural Xchange 1 is far superior to vol 2. You would have to be crazy not to like cultural xchange 1.
Is the skill level required for CX1 as high as people make it out to be?

I'm starting to get into coin magic, and can do a pretty solid retention vanish, palm, finger palm, flying shuttle pass, muscle pass, etc etc. would this be sufficient for CX1?
[quote]
On 2005-10-31 00:57, aka wrote:
Is the skill level required for CX1 as high as people make it out to be?

I'm starting to get into coin magic, and can do a pretty solid retention vanish, palm, finger palm, flying shuttle pass, muscle pass, etc etc. would this be sufficient for CX1?
[/quote]

It varies. A lot of Shoot's magic can be pretty mind-numbingly knucklebusting stuff, but on CultXChange there's a pretty good range from intermediate stuff to very difficult stuff. They don't cover "moves" very well IMO. The muscle pass is explained, but I don't think it's done very well. I bought it after learning the MP (which in general is a good idea) and when I saw the explaination I didn't think it would have been very helpful to me. However, the routines with the MP are terrific, and all the routines overall are great. It's definatley not for beginners, and it takes a bit of dedication to learn the stuff, but it's way worth it, and far from impossible. I only took away maybe 3 things from that DVD which I actually use for people, but even if I had only taken 1 thing, it would still be worth every penny. It's one of my personal favorite DVD's, but you will need to practice a bit.

So, to answer your question, I think you would be able to do the stuff. You should buy it, you won't be dissapointed.