(Close Window)
Topic: Memorized Deck Resource Questions...
Hi All!

I apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere but I sometimes think that new threads on old subjects are a good idea. Anyway:

I have Martin Joyal's Six Hour Memorized Deck and have, in fact, committed it to memory (the deck, not the book). I do 1 effect from the book but mostly use it with Barrie Richardson's version of ACAN. I guess I am asking for some leads to other books where I can find memorized deck effects without having to learn a new stack.

Does Mneumonica, for example, require me to memorize a different stack? I'm really not into learning a new stack but would really like some more resources...

Any help?

Thanks!

django
Mnemonica has a lot of great material that would work with any stack. But a word of warning to you that you might decide that the built-in effects of mnemonica are worth learning the stack. Definitely get Mnemonica, and Bound to Please by Aronson.
Check out Michael Close's publications, too. Six Hour has a TON of resource material. My favorite is the first one.
You might want to check out the "Covert Use of Memory" section of my [url=http://headinside.blogspot.com/2005/04/memory-effects-galore.html]Memory Effects[/url] PDF file. Many of the effects in there are stack-independent.
In addition to Scott Cram's wonderful site, you might want to check out the following sites for some ideas and inspiration:

http://www.joyalstack.com/Pages/MessageBoard.html

http://www.loomismagic.com/memdeckindex.html

Enjoy. - Scott Grossberg
Hey Guys,

Thanx for the help, I still haven't purchased anything yet so here's my question (in time for Christmas!)

If you could buy 1 book of Memorized Deck effects (with the exclusion of the 6 Hour) that wouldn't require you to relearn your stack, which would it be...

Thanx for the help!

(It's currently a toss up between Mneumonica and Bound to Please...)
I second the nomination to visit dennis's site

http://www.loomismagic.com/memdeckindex.html
[quote]
If you could buy 1 book of Memorized Deck effects (with the exclusion of the 6 Hour) that wouldn't require you to relearn your stack, which would it be...
[/quote]

Mnemonica. (And I'd guess that even Simon Aronson might make the same suggestion.)
[quote]
[/quote]

Mnemonica. (And I'd guess that even Simon Aronson might make the same suggestion.)
Yeah without a doubt Mnemonica is singular best resource for memdeck work, no matter which stack you ultimately end up going with. Followed in a distant second by the Aronson Bound to Please book (most of which can be used with the Mnemonica stack), and then the various internet sources listed.
Aronson's other books are also great- many tricks are stack independent. I use more effects from Simply Simon than I do from Bound to Please. Current favorite is Past, Present, Future.
Given your criteria, I'd suggest [i]Mnemonica[/i]. Also, a DVD set expected to be released the beginning of next year will contain a number of memorized deck effects that are proven strong workers (for me). The DVD covers will have a picture of a middle-aged, four-eyed balding dork whom you might associate with coin effects. :baby:
Hi All!

Thanx for the help-it looks like someone is getting Mnemonica for Christmas...

Take Care,

django
Eliminate the guess work. Get them all. ;)