(Close Window)
Topic: Flippin' satisfaction
Message: Posted by: TheAmbitiousCard (Nov 1, 2005 09:55AM)
Which trick with a flipper did you perform first for a real audience.
Message: Posted by: paisa23 (Nov 1, 2005 09:58AM)
4 coins your hands. Just working the final phase since I don't want to use an exrtra coin.
Message: Posted by: Dan Watkins (Nov 1, 2005 10:33AM)
I never performed with a flipper coin until I created "4 Coins, Your Hands". So that was my first as well.

I never liked flipper coins at all and never planned on using one. I thought the flicking motions needed to open them were not natural looking at all. I rather use a shell to show one coin as two or two as one.

It wasn't until after I got the Schoolcraft flipper almost two years ago that I even had any interest in a flipper. Jamie created a flipper coin that could easily be opened without the flicking motions, and could lay flat. These characteristics enabled me to create the routine.
Message: Posted by: Dan LeFay (Nov 1, 2005 10:35AM)
Coins thru table from Troy Hooser's book. After that, a looooong time nothing, then Dan Watkin's routine mentioned above. Currently in developement a coins to glass routine. Suggestion: apply the gaff to Paul Harris' FreeFlight, interesting enhancement...
Dean Dill has some very promising things to look forward to!
Message: Posted by: Brillus (Nov 1, 2005 01:39PM)
I always perform "Touch of brass" by Troy Hooser.
It is not difficoult to do and very visual.
Message: Posted by: Eric Jones (Nov 1, 2005 02:21PM)
The New Antinomy Magazine will have a routine with a flipper coin and shell that I came up with a while back called Flash Coins Re-Lit. I've used this as an opener behind the bar, table side, and in walk around situations for some time now. The effect is based on Chad Longs original handling with three unprepared coins. It also has the advantage of allowing the performer to begin AND end clean along with a new move with the flipper coin and shell.....
Message: Posted by: Ronnie Ramin (Nov 1, 2005 03:37PM)
I worked out a handling of a Visual Coins Across it played real well, and led me to better uses.

Ronnie
Message: Posted by: Michael Dustman (Nov 1, 2005 05:07PM)
I agree with Mr. LeFay. Seen some of Dean's workings at the IBM and looking forward to his release of the material.
Message: Posted by: Review King (Nov 1, 2005 05:24PM)
[quote]
On 2005-11-01 11:33, Dan Watkins wrote:
I never performed with a flipper coin until I created "4 Coins, Your Hands". So that was my first as well.

I never liked flipper coins at all and never planned on using one. I thought the flicking motions needed to open them were not natural looking at all. I rather use a shell to show one coin as two or two as one.

It wasn't until after I got the Schoolcraft flipper almost two years ago that I even had any interest in a flipper. Jamie created a flipper coin that could easily be opened without the flicking motions, and could lay flat. These characteristics enabled me to create the routine.
[/quote]

If you have a flipper, 4 Coins, Your Hands is the effect to perform. Pure magic!!
Message: Posted by: Bill Citino (Nov 1, 2005 05:47PM)
[quote]
On 2005-11-01 15:21, Godhandz wrote:
The New Antinomy Magazine will have a routine with a flipper coin and shell that I came up with a while back called Flash Coins Re-Lit. I've used this as an opener behind the bar, table side, and in walk around situations for some time now. The effect is based on Chad Longs original handling with three unprepared coins. It also has the advantage of allowing the performer to begin AND end clean along with a new move with the flipper coin and shell.....
[/quote]

Hey Eric,

Was this the routine that you performed for me and Bryan when you came up for the MAES convention??? If so, I just want everyone to know that it is one heck of a routine, it's awesome!

-Bill
Message: Posted by: tpdmagic (Nov 1, 2005 07:40PM)
I can not believe no one is mentioning Hooser's routine squeezed away. It is my favorite quick coin routine on the planet. So visual and very good reactions.

tpdmagic
Message: Posted by: travisb (Nov 1, 2005 07:55PM)
(An aside: my cheap Sasco flipper stays open flat on my hand and opens by gravity—it's just a question of how you set the elastic... The insert doesn't have a proper edge, though.)

-Travis
Message: Posted by: joseph (Nov 2, 2005 11:12AM)
I second Hooser's coins thru table....Great application....
Message: Posted by: Eric Jones (Nov 2, 2005 11:59AM)
Hey Bill, yeah its the same routinethat I showed you guys.....pretty solid effect

TPDMagic, another vote for squeezed away, even though I personally prefer A Touch of Brass myself.....
Message: Posted by: johnnymagic (Nov 2, 2005 03:21PM)
Josh Jay just lectured for our club. I bought his DVD's Close-up Up Close. He teaches a coin vanish using a flipper coin and a shell which is the best I've seen.
Message: Posted by: Review King (Nov 15, 2005 12:30AM)
[quote]
On 2005-11-02 16:21, johnnymagic wrote:
Josh Jay just lectured for our club. I bought his DVD's Close-up Up Close. He teaches a coin vanish using a flipper coin and a shell which is the best I've seen.
[/quote]

I heard he doesn't like coin magic.
:rotf: