(Close Window)
Topic: Bill changing with TT
Recently I saw some magician doing visual bill changing with TT, anyone know any DVD thAT teaches this type of thing?
You can try Sankeys "No card Tricks" DVD. It has a 2-bill transpo using a TT.

Jim
Visi-bill might have been it...It is visual and uses a TT...Check out penguinmagic.com for the demo.
Michael Ammar has some money magic videos.
For the best work on the bill switch Roger Klause is the one to go to. The only dvd I know of that he explains the bill switch is the the bonus disk in Vol 3 of the Legendary Repertoire Of Michael Skinner. Roger has taught this on video. Also I can't remember what volume it is on but it is on the vhs Encores. In My opinion no one does the switch better then Roger Klause.
Shameless plug, but if you want a VISUAL bill switch WITHOUT a TT, try Changeabill. You can find reviews [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=137758&forum=111&17]HERE[/url].
Michael Ammar had an [b]entire video[/b] devoted to the Bill Switch with a TT.

Bob
Asking for a bill switch [b]using a TT[/b] is the wrong question to ask in my opinion because it focuses on method (TT), not effect. It appears that your goal is to perform a bill switch that's "visual," so don't focus on the method used to reach that goal [b]except to the extent that the method impacts the effect and practical considerations like angles and difficulty[/b]. If it's "visual" that you're after, I recommend Lonnie Chevrie's version entitled "Grandpa's Dollar" (it's actually a variation of Juan Pablo's version), or Fred Bertholot's "Changeabill."

Larry
Not so many methods use the TT as part of the change. Usually just a way to get something into play and to get it out of sight later.
Go to http://www.magicsmith.com and pick up a copy of Money Morph. It is much smoother than most other tip methods. I have been using it for about 3 years now and still love it!
I have to second Fred Bethelot's recommendation on his Changeabill DVD...
Since we are shamelessly plugging, try Ron Bauer's #12 of the "Private Studies Series", "The Bar Bill Stunt". It is great, in my own, ever-humble, opinion. A non TT approach, WITH great presentation(s), by SEVERAL workers...

Best, PSC
[quote]
On 2005-11-09 23:05, Paul Chosse wrote:
Since we are shamelessly plugging, try Ron Bauer's #12 of the "Private Studies Series", "The Bar Bill Stunt". It is great, in my own, ever-humble, opinion. A non TT approach, WITH great presentation(s), by SEVERAL workers...

Best, PSC
[/quote]

Amen!

Mike
I have just purchased the "Bar Bill Stunt" and , while I have not worked through it yet, am extremely impressed at the level of thought that has gone into this presentation. I remember as a young person (teens) actually taking more time for this sort of effect. As a mid-life person, I seem to have drifted more to the latest trick eye-candy quick hit kind of stuff and I am really looking forward to fleshing out this presentation.

Not in the least bothered that it doesn't use a TT.

Keith Mitchell
Try Daniel Garcia's bill change where its visual and you can see a clip of it on his DVDs here: http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Daniel-Garcia-Project-DVD.htm?cat=104 (Watch the video attached to the page.) Enjoy.
Get the Switch Unfolding The $100 Bill Change by John Lovich. My best buy this year!
There is a nice bill change in Darwin's TT Encyclopedia, disc 2. It's another magician teaching it, not Darwin, but I can't remember the guy's name.
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Aug 8, 2006 10:28PM)
Check out the book $100 Bill Change by John Lovick. It got excellent reviews, and there's a very nice explaination of John's favorite bill switch (which does not use a TT) in a recent Genii or Magic magazine a few months back.
Just like to "third" Changeabill... the capabilities this change has is astounding.

Scott.
You can also see a really cool bill switch at Penguin, called Greed. Gimmicked but cool. Switch is the best book if you want to learn a million ways to do one trick. It is a great book!!!! Really gets deep and if you like psychology of magic, there is a lot of that here.
I personally like the Juan Hundred change and Sankey has a great version (he doesn't use a bill but the same technique applies) on Front Row Sankey.
Try Losander's Anytime Anywhere DVD. Great TT material - including bill switch.
Years ago I purchased Michael Ammar's Classic Renditions tape teaching the TT switch. The video has a "super practice session" that has views of all the relevant angles so you can follow along with Ammar. After learning from Ammar, I've never wanted to tinker with something that has worked so well for so many years.
[quote]
On 2005-11-08 11:21, Jim Salabim wrote:
You can try Sankeys "No card Tricks" DVD. It has a 2-bill transpo using a TT.

Jim
[/quote]

In the interest of giving credit where it's due, Sankey teaches the Mike "Koslowski Bill Switch". (And it seems like it's on EVERY Sankey DVD! lol)
Don't overlook "Examining the TT" DVD by Alex de Cova.
Years ago I bought the booklet, Hundred Dollar Bill Switch by Mike Kozlowski and learned it from there. I taught Doug Henning the trick and he used it on Carson that night!! I have film clips of him having trouble with the bill sticking - it is rather funny. On the show he did it perfectly.
I would also recommend Money Morph...Front Row Sankey teaches a signature switch version...
Michael Ammar's version is the one that I have been using for the past 20 years from his CLASSIC RENDITIONS (Volume 3) Video/DVD. I would NEVER change it and highly recommend it to anyone considering the Bill Switch.

It has opened the doors of opportunity in many interviews (both magical and non-magical reasons) and meeting so many people (including WOMEN :)). They may forget your name, but with that effect, they will always remember and it has been asked so many numerous times again and again and again.

I have NO problem at all repeating this effect 2-3 times for the same spectator(s) at one particular moment. It is THAT clean!!!

Michael Ammar is the way to go...........

John Lovick's "Switch" is an amazing treatise on just about anything to do with bill switching - TT, TT-less, folding techniques, etc...

Highly recommended....

Dave
Here's the DVD for unlimited bill switch:

30 tricks & tips with a magic TT by magic makers, taught by Eddy Ray
Another excellent text which I recently purchased and read on switch techniques is "Switchcraft" by Elliott Bressler.

You can find more info at:

http://ebswitch.googlepages.com/home
I would agree with the others to get Lovick's book Switched. Pricey, but it's hardcover and has loads of techniques/ideas. There will be something there for everyone. I would be cautious on ordering money morph from the originator's (Kevin King) website as suggested by some others. Did that about a year ago, paid via paypal, never received the dvd. Sent a couple emails, no response. Reported it to Paypal, who tried to contact him, no response. They awarded the dispute in my favor but could not refund me since his account was empty! Remember the Steve Miller song from the 70's "Go on, take the money and run..." Anyone who conducts business in that manner will never get my business ever again..even if he creates the greatest close-up effect ever known to the magic world.
My vote is with 'Money Morph'.
[quote]
On 2008-01-03 22:13, daver wrote:
Another excellent text which I recently purchased and read on switch techniques is "Switchcraft" by Elliott Bressler.

You can find more info at:

http://ebswitch.googlepages.com/home
[/quote]

Thanks so much, Dave!!!

Elliott
To add to how AMAZING Ammar is and his HANDLING, His TT was painted solid red and used over and over. Never once was there a flash. Moreover, the maximum amount of bill that could be shown was always visual. At which point you just tell him to take a bow:<) He earned it.
Sam
Depends on which switch, there's a million of them....The juan pablo type switch ala lonnie chevrie or as someone mentioned the lovick switch which is out of his book switched...It has a ton of bills switches in that...

The lovick switch is in the first episode of reel magic quarterly (blatant plug). I know a lot of you don't know what reelmagic is ...It's a video magazine that has a least 3 tricks performed and explained in each episode, plus interviews with some of the biggest names in magic and reviews and also segments that teach you how to make your magic stronger with garret thomas and jon armstrong.

http://www.reelmagicquarterly.com

blatant plug

koz
Tedb -

Please keep plugging away!!!

[b]Reel Magic Quarterly[/b] is a fine piece of work -- you should be proud of it! (The Lovick segment was terrific.)

Also - Lonnie Chevrie's "Grandpa's Dollar" handling of Juan Pablo's switch is well-done.

Wish you luck and all the best,
- Doug
Money Morph, Money Morph, Money Morph. You will not go wrong with this dvd, trust me....
This question was asked in November 2005. I'm going to guess this guy got the information he needed. haha

But while we're on the subject, I like Money Morph also.
Ammar does a very nice $2 bill tear (I think you can look it up on youtube). It's on one of his money miracle videos.

Mike