(Close Window)
Topic: R. Paul Wilson's Crowded Coins
How long does this effect take get it perfect? I am thinking practice hours....

Andy
I'm thinking hours too.
How many hours are you thinking?
I thinking you can get it perfect in minutes. About 450,000 minutes.
Depends on what you call perfect.
Well I am fairly efficient with coin sleights, can you get this down in two nights?
What's the rush? You work on it hoping you are doing it right... and when you think you got it double your time and then check.
Every person is different in both skill level and the way they rehearse. I don't believe there's any way that anyone can guess as to how long another person will take to perfect a routine.
May I ask why this question?
If you like the effect, just practice till it's perfect....
If you need a coinroutine for a performance in two days, I think it's not the right way...
It takes 32 hours, 41 minutes, and 5 seconds. However, my incredibly talented friend got it in 32 hours, 41 minutes, and 4.999 seconds.

it might be different for everybody.
To me, it would appear that there's a lot more to a routine like this than slights. I cannot imagine having the choreography down pat in a couple of days. Or a couple of weeks for that matter.

I've studied these type of effects for a few years off and on and they always generate more questions than answers for me.

My head starts swimming with body-language/choreography/proper gaze/timing/in-frame,out-of-frame/misdirection questions, and I give up and do a card trick.

The slights are the easy part.... In my opinion.
I agree.
I love doing Coins Across on Sunday Morning. Or doing his Sunday Morning even on a Saturday! For all the time my coins talk, it is nice to have a routine were they are supposed to!!!

John
I started with this effect a couple of weeks ago, I got the technical sleights down. However, I don't think I will perform it in the coming six months or maybe even longer. I will butcher the effect by doing so.
[quote]
On 2005-11-11 11:44, Simon Bakker wrote:

I started with this effect a couple of weeks ago, I got the technical sleights down. However, I don't think I will perform it in the coming six months or maybe even longer. I will butcher the effect by doing so.
[/quote]

A voice of reason.
"Othello".

Who makes sense of that?
;-)
It's on video, so why even practise? Watch it and go perform. If it doesn't look good, try a different trick. Time management, like pocket management, is very important in magic!
I guess you could just practice it, and get back to us... :hmm: