(Close Window)
Topic: Found some coins...
You guys probably already know this and use them, but...

I was looking around a "Coin and Pawn" shop here in town the other day...Mainly I spent my time salivating over all the different coins this guy had...TONS of Morgans, Peace, Walking Liberty, Franklin, etc...

Just tons and tons of coins...

He gave me a good quote on some Morgans that he would sell me for coin magic...They weren't special dates or anything...About $10-15 a piece...

As I didn't have enough $ at the moment to get them, I continued looking around...

Then I thought to ask if he had any Chinese coins...He did, but they were the smaller variety that wouldn't really do me much good...

He did, however, have some East African coins...They are a copper color and have a hole in the center...What's cool about them is that they are ALMOST the same size as a Kennedy Half...Just sleightly (pun) smaller...No milled edges and a touch lighter.

I'm using them for practicing transpos...

At any rate, a neat find for me I guess...and at a $1 a piece, I could afford them...

Anyone else use these coins? (BTW: They are '10 cent' coins, in the years 1941, (2) 1942's, and a 1943)

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
Yes, look here.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=138252&forum=3&24

Great finding, tough.
Thanks!

So I'm guessing I need to go back and buy up the rest of them, cause this guy had a BUNCH.

:lol:

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
Curtis Cam use the african coins in one of his routines on the "Palms of Steel" series (vol. 2, I think)
Curtis Cam use the african coins in one of his routines on the "Palms of Steel" series (vol. 2, I think)
I believe Lassen bought a *#@*%&@*%&@%-load of them, check his site.... he's got shell sets with them for cheap.
It ain't fair telling us to check a site and not telling us where it is.
C. Kam uses the "african coin" in his "New-York spellbound" routine in PoS #1
http://www.coingaffs.com
WOW! what are so special about liberties and morgans and all those? why not get some half dollars?
http://www.coingaffs.com is not the site you were looking for Rikbrooks, but it cannot be posted. Do a google search.
Why cant it be posted? rules?
Why can't it be posted? I know the site, but am I missing something?

FC
Ya, I want to know what the fuss is all about. what did he buy a whack of? What coins where they?
OK, I'm going to guess Hot Rod. Well, it was the second 1 got (many, many decades ago).

Dave
Wrong thread bud, your looking for the one above this one. The contst one!!
Of course, it explains his name.