(Close Window)
Topic: That one trick
What's that one trick that people do in their close-up routines that they know will floor people, the one preferably left until the end?

Robert Fox.
http://www.robertfox.net
You mean the trick where you do the move with the thing?
Thanks for your opinion...
I thought your were joking. There's more than one trick that falls under your criteria. Do you remember any specifics?
I was only kidding - in the second post ;) Basically the one trick that people do in their close-up routines that they feel, consistently, gets an amazing reaction...the one that floors people...
Ahh--let me put my crack pipe down. That's better. I thought you were looking for a specific effect you had in mind but couldn't remember. You're asking for opinions. Thanks, drive through please.
Two cheese burgers and one large fries
I used to perform "Two Cheese Burgers And One Large Fries" but lately I've found that "One Chicken Nuggets And A Large Chocolate Shake" kills.
[quote]
On 2005-11-15 22:15, Basil wrote:
I used to perform "Two Cheese Burgers And One Large Fries" but lately I've found that "One Chicken Nuggets And A Large Chocolate Shake" kills.
[/quote]

...Yeah, that one "fries" them.

I get very strong reactions when I have the spec select a card and then call a medium that I happen to know. (on their phone if possible) Even though I say nothing, the medium on the phone will divine what card they selected.
I thought this was the mentalist's section. I must have gotten into the fast food section by mistake. Well, as long as I'm here, I'll have a burger and a milkshake.

If I were a mentalist, and in the mentalist's section, I would offer the starburst fireworks ending, where you have collected a whole pile of secret information about one of the party ... preferably the skeptic in the group, and you just unload it on him or her one secret after the other. I'm not talking personal secrets, but information the person can't imagine you'd know anything about.
Actually the original question was also posted in "pick a card", so I guess it's about cards in mentalism again?
[quote]
On 2005-11-16 00:06, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Actually the original question was also posted in "pick a card", so I guess it's about cards in mentalism again?
[/quote]

I'm going to go waaaaay out on a limb and just say it. I don't care what people say. Mentalism with cards is perfectly fine. Now the teeming millions who vehemently disagree with me can respond.
Wake up dr rhine - by looch
Hmm, for close up? PCT without cards, Card Calling with.
I think Stuart is right on with both.....

Its just hard to find something that beats a PCT/CT and followed with BCS after will keep em talking.
Ditto. Can't beat the PCT, and BCS - cards in pocket is the one for me.

That said, I still think Osterlind's watch routine is one of the best out there - easily one of my top three routines of all time.

Si
I agree, if we are going outside of mentalism, 51 cards to pocket gets the best reaction of any card trick I do aside from a good ACR. I don't use the BCS for card calling, but then again any stack will work. I do however admire the workings of the BCS.
You can laugh if you want :)
but for me the old 37/68 force, banacheks version from psychological subtleties.
and of course PCT and sometimes watchroutine.
Sorry but what is PCT and BCS? Is PCT Perfect center tear?
Soryy, I guess it is the "Breakthrough Card System" right? By the way, how is BCS different from a stack such as SS?
The main difference is: When you ribbon spread SS stacked cards on a table within minutes you find the pattern in it.

WIth BCS you can study the cards days or weeks and won't find a pattern and yet its easy to laern and use. My favourite stack I use.

Greetz
Thomas
Exactly Thomas.

It is without doubt one of the greatest additions to card mentalism there is. Combine it with Marc Spelmann's Glimpse, and you have quite simply stunning mindreading with cards.

Si
My favorite one is a deck of cards.
[quote]
On 2005-11-24 10:26, Vision wrote:
My favorite one is a deck of cards.
[/quote]

Totally agree, it's one of the best.
[quote]
On 2005-11-24 08:41, aussiemagic wrote:
Sorry but what is PCT and BCS? Is PCT Perfect center tear?
[/quote]

Absolutely. I've done a good 20-30 minutes on a plane with nothing but the PCT. And you've already read that BCS is Breakthrough Card System. While each of these items probably owe something to That Which Has Come Before, I think we owe Richard Osterlind a big vote of "thanks" for providing them to us. People who *know* about center tears and stacked decks are mystified by the PCT and BCS.

*jeep!
--Chet
Indeed Chet. Quite sensational really, and it only scrapes the surface of the excellent material that constantly comes from Mr Osterlind.

Si
Ring tied in a knot on a rope, tied around your wrist...ring escapes, is found on the other hand, on a finger. Nothing I do tops it for closeup. Luckily, in a ring-off-the-rope thing, I know when to stop.
Si,
Where do I find the Spelmann Glimpse?
Peace,
Parson
[quote]
On 2005-11-24 11:48, sjdavison wrote:
Indeed Chet. Quite sensational really, and it only scrapes the surface of the excellent material that constantly comes from Mr Osterlind.
[/quote]

One has to wonder when that well will run dry. How much more CAN Richard Osterlind produce?? The mind boggles. Still - he's given us enough to last a few decades already. (I'm speaking like this is a eulogy or something!)

And Parson Gary: Why would one want to glimpse a spellmann? (Icky-poo!)

*jeep!
--Chet
[quote]
On 2005-11-25 00:11, Parson Gary Smith wrote:
Si,
Where do I find the Spelmann Glimpse?
Peace,
Parson
[/quote]

http://www.mjmmagic.com/pages-productinfo/product-106/glimpse-by-marc-spelmann.html

Thanks,

Elliott
Parson,
Alakazam sell Glimpse .... It's great.
Piers.
Glimpse is indeed great. And the fact that mr Osterlind endorses it only makes it stronger!

It is a nice tool - it does not change the effects that you will be doing, but makes what you are doing even more impossible. It also has the nice benefit of throwing off anyone with a vague knowledge of stacks, or those sceptical of a marked deck.

Better than a normal peek? Possibly. But if you have it with you, why not use it.

Si