(Close Window)
Topic: Dean Dill Injured
Last night Dill was in an auto accident near Las Vegas and is in the hospital there with a broken pelvis. No other details, sorry, will update as I find out more.
Sorry to hear the news. Dean is a nice guy and a helluva magician. I wish him well in his recovery.

Greg
That's awful. I hope he is doing allright and makes a full recovery. Send him our regards and well wishes.
I hope he gets well soon.
Dean has broken ribs and cracked pelvis, his son had all teeth knocked out, broken nose and severed thumb tendon, wife broken cheek and black eye. Car totalled. Jamie Schoolcraft driving up to Las Vegas with his motorhome to take them back to L.A. as soon as Dr. Ok's travel (maybe tomorrow).

Pray
I've been to his shop twice and both times he has invited me to stay and hangout, without knowing me at all. He is really a great guy.
Man I hate to hear that. I am praying for a speedy recovery for his family ! GET WELL SOON DEAN!
Dear friends,
My dear friend Dean Dill and his family were in a very bad car accident (almost killed). Dean is in a hospital in Las Vegas (they were on their way back to LA from Vegas). Dean's vehicle was T-boned by a Dodge Truck as Dean was trying to help another vehicle that had flipped and landed on its roof. Dean has some broken ribs, broken pelvis, and lacerations to his face. Denise (his wife) has a broken cheek bone and black and blue eyes. Jamie broke his nose and lost several teeth. Denise and Jamie have been released, but Dean has not. They are trying to stablize him so they can transport him to a hospital close to home.

That said, it will be some time before Dean will be back on his feet and working. In the meantime, the Dill family are subject to an enormous amount of financial hardship.
Given the pain and stress they are already enduring, I come to you, our Café family to ask for your help.

I realize that everyone is having their own set of financial matters to deal with, especially with the holidays and all.
That aside, I feel we still need to reach out and help not only someone I consider a close friend and a brother, but a fellow magician and entertainer who has given us all so very much. If you cannot give, perhaps a card or letter to let Dean and his family know you are thinking of them?
I would also ask and encourage each of you to keep the Dill family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you. :)

Those wishing to donate via [b]PAYPAL[/b] can do so to:

intmiracle@deandill.com

Checks, money orders, cards and letters should be sent to:

[i]DEAN DILL[/i]
[b]2130 Fairpark Ave #110
Los Angeles, Ca.
90041[/b]
Thanks to Dean, I get to help myself - to be a better magician, and to be a better person. Wondering how? Read on...

For those of you that don't know Dean Dill, be assured that he is a wonderful guy on top of being a great magician, and a huge contributor to the betterment of Magic generally. It is people like Dean that give me hope that magicians won't always be second-class performers/citizens!

The work Dean has done, and the visibility that our art recieves as a result of Dean, are gifts to the community that go unacknowledged, generally. Yes, there are those few in our fraternity that have recognized Dean for his contributions, but generally he is not all that well-known.

If you think that a high profile, good public relations, strong magic, and classy haircuts(!) are fringe benefits that YOU, even third or fourth generation removed, enjoy, then now is the time to acknowledge and thank Dean for all his work on the behalf of Magic generally, and you, ultimately.

The trickle-down effect reaches all of us eventually. I know Dean has touched my life. So I'm saying thank-you through actions, not words - I'll support Dean by buying his products. If you purchase thru a dealer let them know WHY you are buying a Dean Dill product NOW! Ask the DEALERS to donate 10% (OR more!)of thier profit to Dean. If you have a Christmas list include something of Deans' now, don't wait until next year.

Deans' Box, Blizzard, etc. are things that you can give or get as gifts. And you getting them GIVES Dean the support he needs right now.

I'm suggesting this alternative to a straightforward gift for those of you who are uncomfortable giving money to someone you don't really know. The gift of giving is something you can't put a price on. I know that every time I help someone in a crisis the process helps ME! I sleep well, and I feel better. It is an incredibly selfish gift, if truth be told - I LIKE feeling good about myself. Thanks to Dean, I get to help myself - and man, do I need the help! (And, if I do it this way, by purchasing something from Dean, I get some great magic at the same time...)

Don't think about this, (it is a NO-BRAINER!), just do it! Now!

Best, PSC

P.S. Thanks, Dean, for helping me to help myself, you never cease to amaze me!
I'd just like to echo what Paul has said.

Forget for a moment what a spectacular magician Dean is. That's almost beside the point here. Dean Dill is, without a doubt, one of the greatest people I have ever met in my life. He is generous beyond words, always quick with a kind word, and he shows a genuine concern for the people he meets every day.

Earlier this year I walked into Dean's Shoppe for the first time as a stranger. I was just a guy who wanted to learn some magic tricks. I had no idea what I was in for. In 8 months, not only has Dean taught me some spectacular magic, he's become a good friend. He treats anyone who comes into his Shoppe as an old friend. Me, for example. I'm not a world class magician (heck, I'm not even a very good magician, and he treated me with the same respect he would have given Lance Burton had he walked into the Shoppe that day.)

He is truly one of the classiest people ever to draw breath on this planet.

Dean is in a tough spot and needs your help. I'm going to give, and you should too. There are good people in the world, and there are great people. Dean Dill is truly one of the great ones. Do what you can to help, because the magic world (and the world in general) need more people like Dean in it.

Thanks for reading.
Prayers and blessings from MagicEast (Hong Kong) here!

Dean is one of the best close up magician in the world, especially coin magic. Although there is an ocean apart from here to California, many magicians in Hong Kong deeply impress by his magic.

We will spread the info and let all magician we know to pray Dean will overcome all these things very soon.

With all our blessings,

Steven
I bought an item from him earlier this year and I spoke to him briefly on the phone. And unlike some dealers I have spoken to on the phone, he seemed very courteous and didn't come off hurried and bothered that I was asking him questions.

I have a credit card bill that magically seems to double each month, but I will find a way to send a donation to Mr. Dill. I wish him and his family the best and will be glad to help however I can.
May God bless Dean and live strong.
I am so sorry to hear about this. I had a magic lesson from Dean in his Glendale barber shop and he was a kind and generous person. He is also a great barber. Please help him out by buying something from his website, http://www.deandill.com . I wish him a speedy recovery. I hope this doesn't count as free advertising but as a way to help out a great coin magician and human being.
I put in an order for a nana necklace the day before this news broke. All I can say is I hope Dean takes his time and focuses on more important things like health and family. The magic business will always be there for such a talented magician and inventor.
As a good friend of Dean's I can say this is very shocking news to hear. Dean is THE most positive minded and nicest guys in magic I have ever met. He is a great inspiration for all of us to be our best and kindest we can be.
He is in our prayers and we wish him the best and quickest recovery.
Hang in there Dean!!
Chance & Shelley
I kept passing by his shop last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It was closed. I had no idea this had happend. He is a gentleman. The first time that I went to his shop He did not know me from Adam..He offered me some coffee, spoke about the cups and balls. I bought Blizzard. He performed it for me, I had to buy it. Awesome trick. I wish you the best Dean.
Respectfully,
Eddie Medrano
As a UK guy I have never met Dean Dill but I respect him greatly. His products are the best you can buy backed by a great service.

I wish him and his family a speedy recovery.

If his website is able to keep running, please order something guys, and support him in his time of greatest need.
As an update Hocus-Pocus also has a donation section for Dean....Best of luck brother. Ill try to get some money to ya. This couldn't've happened at the worse time.. Get well soon. Never mat ya but respect what you bring to the art...
I've put up an auction on eBay to benefit Dean's family. All the proceeds will go to Dean. If you're interested in a set of Joe Porper's Mini Ghost Rings visit the Ebay site and bid generously.

Those of you with magical items you no longer need might consider doing the same.
Dean Dill is a really nice guy and a great magician as other people have a lready said. I spent a whole day at his shop once and it was really cool. We did a whole bunch of magic, played guitar, and he even showed me some of his new tricks. It was really fun and I am very sorry to hear about his accident. I hope he recovers quickly and I hope to visit him in the shop soon.
DOes anyone have an update on whether Dean Dill has been release? or is home? the rest of the family? JAGDDF (just another dean dill fan), Thank you, Kenno
Dean Dill is absolutely the nicest person I have ever met in over 25 years of being involved with magic. Without a doubt.

I'm sending him a money order to the address listed above; I hope you will too.

--William
Message: Posted by: Jamie Schoolcraft (Dec 10, 2005 04:52PM)
Dean is doing better. He is finally back in Glendale, and will be rehabilitating there. All it will take is time for him to heal now. Not allot can be done with broken ribs, and a separated pelvic bone. Just allot of rest and trying to deal with the pain as much as possible. All the love and support he and his family have received has been amazing. All the emails, letters, and prayers have been a true blessing to him. I spent some time last night with Dean just hanging out and we actually jammed for a little while it was awesome. I am so fortunate to know Dean. He has helped me in so many ways, I don't know where to begin. He told me last night how blown away he was by how many people have sent notes of encouragement, financial help, and physical help. There have been guy's that have stepped up with help with medical supplies, and rehabilitation equipment. Help with getting him proper care, help with his wife and son. It's really nice to see everyone reach out to Dean. I have only done a small part. It is the overwhelming majority that has really stepped up and given Dean and his family aid in their time of need especially this time of year. So thank you all for helping out our buddy Dean Dill. I know with all that everyone is doing he will be back to normal in no time.

Thank You All!!!
Jamie
It is about 7am in Cincinnati, Ohio I woke up this morning unable to sleep. I PM'ed Steve Brooks and ask how Dean Dill was doing.
Nest thing I know I see that Dean has left a post. telling us some good news.

Thank you lord now I can go back to sleep.
God speed to Dean and a speedy recovery. I have purchased from him in the past and he is a really stand up guy. I am happy to hear he is going to be OK.
I hope you are getting well Dean. I really enjoy performing the magic you developed .. Nana's Necklace is the greatest!

I recently purchased the DVD showing the Tonight Show presentation .. it was very entertaining .. the first time I ever seen it.
Dean Dill is in my opinion one of the most entertaining and down to earth magicians I have had the pleasure of "knowing". Everytime I have ever emailed him with a question I have always received a friendly and timely response. I own Dean's Box and Nana's Necklace and they both kill, they always get huge reactions. Dean, I wish you and your family well.