(Close Window)
Topic: Topit Advice (which DVD or video)
A few questions regarding the topit. Which DVD or tape is the best beginning source on the topit - Cloutier's or Ammars? Consider the price difference, and also consider whether it will keep me covered. I'll buy the less good one if it is still enough to get the job done. Additionally, I found a very cheap topit. Is it an okay quality (it doesn't need to last forever, it just has to get the job done). http://www.discountmagic.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/183
I haven't seen Cloutier's, but the Ammar is very good. Tips on how to install it, handle it, performances and explanations, etc. Definitely a great bit of work for someone who knows nothing of topits, or with some experience.

Kevin
I 2nd the Ammar DVD. Which is actually two DVD's in 1. Its loaded with nearly every method imaginable of topiting. There is also a few routines explained. One of my fav DVD's.

Chris
Allow me to rephrase myself. If I got anything, it would probably be to Cloutier DVD right now. Is it worth it at all, or should I definitely wait? All I really need it some basic beginner stuff.
As long as it teaches the basics you will be toppiting in no time. Remember use the toppit in moderation.
Does the topit pattern have to match up with the one being used in whatever video or book you use?
No the topit does not have to match with the video or book. You just have to know how to use it and install it. I wanted to mention 2 other masters of the topit not mentioned and they are Patrick Page and Jay Scott Berry. They both have great references regarding the topit. I bought 2 topits from Jay . His hook up is unique to a certain degree. You might want to check out Jay Scott Berry. Very talented peformer. (especially with the topit)
Thanks.