(Close Window)
Topic: Abbott's Flower Surprise
Hello...... Anybody ever play around with Abbott's Flower Surprise ..I have always wanted one ......The routine is very good. I was wondering what kind of Dye tube /box it came with .....If I order one I'll give a review on this page......
Hello.... I got one ...well Its a cute and well made piece but it has a few problems.... the dye box is a bit large....a rolled up piece of cardboard would be better...other than that its great ... I would use this one for the age range of 5-6 year olds ...use a paint brush as a magic wand ....
What's the effect?
An artists palette decorates a wooden panel...5 white silks are seen occupying the spaces usually reserved for the colored paint... one at a time the white silks are put in to an empty little cabinet and they come out colored... each silk is replaced in the vacant space in the palette..the climax comes when you turn the palette around ... it become a picture of a bouquet of flowers and the silks are the flowers... simple and beautiful...

I just got out my silk encyclopedias vol 2 and found 100 ways to do the silk dyeing part...... much better than the cabinet....