(Close Window)
Topic: Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet
Docc Hilford mentions the Serpent Wallet wallet in Cellular Mitosis. Has anyone seen one of these ? What is it ?
Could be this...

http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?sourceid=AAX::qIZwQ6V6Vk5tAm5ItxyI&bfsiteid=40782007&ModelID=46829

Kaylan
[quote]
On 2005-12-18 06:58, aawb122pm wrote:
Docc Hilford mentions the Serpent Wallet wallet in Cellular Mitosis. Has anyone seen one of these ? What is it ?
[/quote]

The Serpent Wallet been released:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=359681&forum=218&7
I just sent docc my money...
For the record,
The original idea for the Serpent as mentioned in 2005, was bit different. It was only meant to be a peek wallet. When Peter Nardi came out with the wonderful Stealth Assassin I halted production.

The new Serpent is far better than what was originally intended. For more information go to:

http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/serpent2.html

Thanks,
Docc
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Apr 12, 2010 02:19PM)
This is awesome, Docc.

The switch feature with the inside "view" of the info is a great combo.
I just hit the button.

Canīt wait for the "serpent snatch"!
Looking forward to test this wallet.
I have it, and it is very good. Nice quality, excellent thinking. I am having some trouble with loading the chasm but it is early days I sense this is me NOT the wallet.

I have decided to make this my actual wallet, which means giving up my out-law hideout. So I put in Bryn Reynolds $4 billet from the SAFWAN papers and now I am a happy camper.

I was one of the first orders, and after some time waiting my wallet did not arrive. I told Docc and two days later I had one in my hands. Docc has always been responsive, and as well as a quality product you get great after care.

Buy it, they are on limited release I believe.

Tony
The Serpent Wallet bites! Digs its nasty sharp fangs in deep and injects its venom. Shortly after... halucination begins. Things impossible start to materialize right before your audience's eyes.

It can strike silently anywhere, anytime.

The Serpent Wallet is evil good.
Docc roccs! 'Nuff said. :)
[quote]
On 2010-04-13 18:07, fyi2 wrote:
I have it, and it is very good. Nice quality, excellent thinking. I am having some trouble with loading the chasm but it is early days I sense this is me NOT the wallet.

I have decided to make this my actual wallet, which means giving up my out-law hideout. So I put in Bryn Reynolds $4 billet from the SAFWAN papers and now I am a happy camper.

Buy it, they are on limited release I believe.

Tony
[/quote]

Tony: Glad you like "$4" Being in Afghanistan right now, I haven't been able to check out much new lately, but I have good luck with Docc's items, so I am sure it is a worthwhile wallet.

Please stay in touch!
Bryn
I can't wait to whip out my serpent in front of the UK public and make people gasp...
[quote]
On 2010-04-14 14:07, IAIN wrote:
I can't wait to whip out my serpent in front of the UK public and make people gasp...
[/quote]

I am sure the experience would bring a lump to their collective throat.
The switch capabilities has me excited as I have used Docc's "Tridiction" for years and I'm very interested in using the Serpent in this routine ( Tridiction is on Docc's Monster Mentalism dvd set, volume 3 ).

Has everyone read the PDF Docc e-mailed? I think, since he explains all these routines and you could use them without the Serpent ( which makes the switch stealth ) it was worth the purchase price, sans the wallet.

Simon Lovell's Rattlesnake Eggs routine is both comical and mysterious.

Chris
I really happy everyone is so excited. I know I've been smacking them around in the clubs and restaurants down here in South Beach land. The bill revelation just seems impossible to them.

This baby isn't just for mentalists either. There are a couple of straight magic pieces included, as Chris mentioned.

Yesterday, I performed "The Bite" at a boot store while getting some size 15 snakeskin boots. At the register, with my wallet on the counter (after using my credit card), I asked the owner to fold a $20, switched it and did the routine. The result was a wholesale price on my new boots!! Really, I love this business.

If I had purchased my own wallet, it would have just paid for itself 8 times over, right there!

Almost half of the wallets are gone, and it's only been about 10 days since the official release. So if you're thinking about it, get one while they're $30 off and a free booklet.

Not an ad (they'll all be gone soon anyway), just to be helpful to those who want it... go to: http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/serpent2.html

Cheers,
Docc
Ordered mine :)
As Have I, waiting will be hard.
Received mine today. Number 126. I've been playing around with it through out the day. The subtleties are really thought out. I really like this.

Mark
I'm in! In my view Docc's products are gold!
Icelandic ash gettin in the way!
[quote]
On 2010-04-19 12:17, DrTodd wrote:
Icelandic ash gettin in the way!
[/quote]
:)
not for very much longer...
Just when you thought it was safe for your bank account to go back on the forums . . . Looks like Docc didn't mention one thing about this excellent-sounding item -- it switches money from your wallet to his!

gary
Gary,

That's funny... except at the special price not much money is left to find its way into my wallet. Ask those who have it. A Well-made, eel skin wallet. The retail price is $80. The special is $49.99. There are a dozen instructions for tricks that others have said could have been a separate book, but they're FREE. There's also a FREE booklet of your choice included, a $45 value. And an additional FREE trick, Nudie Call. And a FREE trick from Rick Maue. And there are only 300 out of 400 made available for sale. Whew!

No, I don't think I'll go boat shopping just yet. Maybe a big night out on SoBe after the last couple 100 are sold at full price.

BTW, The special is for the first 100. I can extend that for Magic Cafť peeps but only for a brief while. If you want more information go to: http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/serpent2.html

Cheers,
Docc
Let me say a thing or two.

The wallet itself is extremely well built. The eel has a great feel to it. It can easily be used as a day to day wallet. The compartments are enough to handle credit cards and other misc day to day things. I shall keep it with me at all time...compact enough it fits into the breast pocket in my jacket; even allows me to carry a second wallet (i.e. an Outlaw wallet). I easily have both that way!

Now, as far the gaff itself. I found it extremely easily to use. The 'exchange' did itself and I just did want Docc said...no adjustments at all! Loved the movement, very natural! It folled me :)

Can't speak to anything else, haven't gotten into the manuscript itself, but soon shall!

That's about all,

David
Gary,
Are you suggesting that those who create and market effects and props are not to make a profit? If so, would you please elaborate? That confuses me a bit, as capitalism is what our (US) economic system is based on.

Now, for the rest of you, The Serpent Wallet does exactly what Docc says it does, and very well. It will take a bit of practice, but it is worth it. It seems as though you are simply putting the wallet in your left hand and nothing more. At $50.00, I think its a bargain.
Tony:

Absolutely not! Sorry you read it that way.

The remark was merely meant to convey that Docc's created a great item here and, as such, people are going to want to buy it. (I'm just waiting for mine to arrive.) Therefore, because it's so good, money will be going from those people to Docc in the form of orders, as it should.

This is a terrific package deal. I hope that when it starts selling for its full retail price Docc makes up some of the profit he lost by giving our members a discounted price. And since this is a mentalism site, I predict he will!

Best!

gary
Gary,
My apologies for misunderstanding!
Order placed. Can't wait for it :)
Tony:

No problem. Your concern was legit. Just glad we got things straightened out.

Best!

gary
This is superb...

mine arrived in the UK yesterday, an extremely useful and practical wallet - with lots of uses...the more I use/practice with it, the more I contemplate alternative uses for it too...outstanding value, and a beautiful looking object too...
Are there going to be any demo's of the Serpent in action? It sounds very interesting!
There's nothing to see...

no demo needed...
I guess the reason why I asked if there is a demo, I'm trying to see how smoothly the switch happens. is there a 2 second pause, does the wallet get placed on the bill, anything that will make ones eyebrow raise?
If you practice , after a while it will look like you simply put the wallet into your left hand. That's it. The bill is out of sight for maybe half a second...maybe less. But it is a very smooth and innocent look.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Apr 24, 2010 09:02PM)
Just for Tony, guys...

Hmmm... Let's see, Tony... have you reached your 100 wallets quota this year? :)
[quote]
On 2010-04-24 21:02, Tony Razzano wrote:
If you practice , after a while it will look like you simply put the wallet into your left hand. That's it. The bill is out of sight for maybe half a second...maybe less. But it is a very smooth and innocent look.
[/quote]
So you can do the switch using one hand? Thanks.
Awaiting mine now as well... Looking forward to this.
[quote]
On 2010-04-24 22:14, Roth wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

can the wallet be turned over as well?
You can do the switch one handed (although it looks more natural to do it the way that Docc explains) and you can turn the wallet over....the structure allows it to be shown and is very innocent looking. The presentations are casual after dinner style routines and with Docc it is always about getting one or two ahead...he has a great mental epic routine with objects found in the pockets, and a lovely serial number routine, as well as many other ideas...he and I were in a Cafť in Kilburn London last year when he did a three billet routine for us that was amazing. The wallet makes that routine even easier to do..

The pockets can fit all sorts of things and the wallet allows for a billet index. It also actually holds cash in the way that all wallets do....

I like this very much and can recommend it highly, although I understand supplies are limited,so it might be wise to snap one up....but watch out, once the Serpent locks on it does not let go :)

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Please forgive me, but I'd still like to see a short 8 second video of the switch being done. I'm on the edge!
Lunatik - don't buy it!
Lol, your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me!
Lunatik, this is not the wallet you are looking for... ;)
I.....am.....getting......weaker......NOOOOO!!! Jedi will not have control over my mind!!! :P
Things will come along in magic which have their own credibility built in without actually seeing them or a demo. The Internet has pretty much killed most of that between its deluge of demos and miles of threads guessing at this or guessing at that. To combat this many demos have become obscure trailers rather than legit demos.

All the above is why I still enjoy buying from a brick and mortar shop or at a convention where I can see and handle the item in question before purchasing. These are the advantages of being a good customer.

That being said, if the Serpent Wallet is kept to the limited number of 400 and sold at the price structure Docc has displayed on his website, then no demo will ever be needed. It will sell out quickly once the summer conventions kick in and this starts to get performed for other mentalists.

When it is gone, it is gone. We all don't need to have this. Many people have spoken up with praise for The Serpent Wallet. Those who trust these people will take the advice given. When it comes to limited issue items, there is a balancing act between missing out, and getting stuck with something which didn't live up to your expectations. For that reason I completely understand the urge to want to see The Serpent Wallet in action. When I purchased it I knew I was taking a chance. That bet was hedged by both the reduced promo pricing and the added booklet from Docc's vast offerings which was thrown in for free.

Here is the straight dope. If you want a way to casually perform "hands off" billet and associated moves, this is a tool which can deliver that. Its strength is in its casualness. Its stealth is in its casualness. Its value is in its casualness. If you don't do billet and associated type work in casual settings, this probably is not for you.

This is not Card To Wallet. The direction Card To Wallet has taken over the years is one of "challenge" with too much focus being placed on the wallet, making it a prop. The Serpent Wallet is handled casually and relaxed, and at its best is completely forgotten by your participants. It is an everyday rear pocket wallet with something special to make it do its thing.

For the performer of casual mentalism this is a wonderful new tool with utility which will grow exponentially as the supporting DVD and supplemental routines come out. I for one hope this is kept to its limited 400 count run as I think that will afford it the respect which it deserves purely on its merrits.
[quote]
On 2010-04-24 22:02, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Just for Tony, guys...

Hmmm... Let's see, Tony... have you reached your 100 wallets quota this year? :)
[/quote]

I am working on it Paolo!!!! :)
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Rick,
Sorry, I really didn't mean to imply that. You have the wallet in your right hand and casually put it into your left hand.
[quote]
On 2010-04-25 00:46, lunatik wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

can the wallet be turned over as well?
[/quote]

Not right away lunatik, but there is no reason to.
Tony, can I use the wallet as flying carpet ?
Is it possible to use the Serpent wallet when the shop are close ?
Maybe similar to the showdown wallet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Ov5Cg0X-o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX0rHL2kfsQ&feature=related

Also, which e-books did you guys pick that you really enjoyed?
If after all the information you've been given - and its not enough...as I say, with all due respect - please don't buy it...

I don't know why I find it so frustrating but I do! haha
I'm sorry that I'm frustrating everyone lol. I guess I like to see what I'm getting before clicking the purchase button.

What Tom Cutts says is true, it's a balancing act whether or not to get something without seeing it and trusting others opinions or just missing out on it not wanting to gamble that you've just wasted your money.
I reckon at least 80% of all purchases (or more) never get used and are a waste of money.
Lunatik--Guaranteed if you don't like it there'll be plenty of people who weren't quick enough to get in on the limited run who will take it off your hands. (Of course if it's in your pocket instead of your hands it probably means you won't be selling.)
[quote]
On 2010-04-25 12:49, parmenion wrote:
Tony, can I use the wallet as flying carpet ?
[/quote]

:) :) :)
"I've got more wallets than I need but not as many as I want."
Hey guys,

Mine hasn't arrived yet, hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home! But obviously I have the pdf and know a wee bit about it.

Could the plastic 'bit' inside be modified to work just like the Opus Diablo?

This really is a question to those that have the Serpent and the Diablo I guess!

I heard you were able to get the opus gimmicks somewhere, thought it might add another nice layer of deception.

Jon Hackett
I placed my order 3 days ago, and Docc confirmed my order. I didn't receive the pdf. Is it something that I have the "right" to receive, or is it something reserved to a few selected people?
BTW, I PM'd Mr. Hilford, but still no reply...
Have you checked your email's spam/junk folder?
[quote]
On 2010-04-25 17:10, IAIN wrote:
If after all the information you've been given - and its not enough...as I say, with all due respect - please don't buy it...

I don't know why I find it so frustrating but I do! haha
[/quote]

IAIN

Mr tik just enjoys pushing buttons. He's a fun cat!

J
MEOW
[quote]
On 2010-04-26 17:47, IAIN wrote:
[/quote]

I did, but still no reply... What would you do, if you were in my shoes?
If you want I can sell you mine :)
This pdf is pure gold but as I like Italian people, for you,it's only 100$ :)
[quote]
On 2010-04-27 04:55, parmenion wrote:
If you want I can sell you mine :)
This pdf is pure gold but as I like Italian people, for you,it's only 100$ :)
[/quote]

LOL
That's not fair :)
I... need... that... pdf... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
When did you buy it? Has the wallet turned up yet?

What would I do if I were in your shoes? Change my shoes,

But I would wait, don't be worrying, it will all be sorted out.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I said earlier about the 3m technology, or opus diablo clever skilled peeky bit, adding that to the clear window on the serpent, it wouldn't change anything other than, I guess, if a nasty spec grabs your wallet and looks there would just see a fed ex card or something?!

I really hope mine comes soon, cant believe you got yours first Iain!

Jon Hackett
Oh yeh!

I forgot to ask, anyone know where one might be able to find the cards that Docc suggests for Nudie Call?

Jon Hackett
Try ebay my friend, my search was 'vintage mini cards' or something like that.
This is really great. I'm so happy everyone is having such a good time with the wallet.

Some of you are still waiting because of the Icelandic volcano, and others (who have been notified) are waiting because of an American terrorist screening of Priority mail.

As I explained to Santini, I don't come in here often, so PMs can sit for days. I check my emai, not necessarily Facebookl. Because there are lots of daily sales, the procedure is that the order is processed, the package is filled and sent USPS Priority mail. At that point the PDF is sent. This keeps everything straight. all of that takes 2 to 3 working days. Don't freak out.

I have to say that the comments about purchasing something that can't be demoed are quite on point. Although it can still be scary for some. But I also like the view that sometimes we have to be a real brotherhood, indicate the tricks we like and be honest about those we don't. Then we get a rare opportunity to trust others who have experience.

I've bought stuff that was cool, but discovered didn't fit my style. Yet, thankfully, I've gone through several different styles and eventually many of those "back drawer" props became invaluable! Mostly because I couldn't get them any more. It was Jack Sutherland of Sun Magic who said to me, "If you use it, better get two. One day you'll need a replacement and there won't be any available." Truer words were never spoken.

Some buyers have done just that!

Rock on, Daddy-o!
Jack Sutherland was right on.I was thinking the same thing. I have this gnawing fear that once my wallet arrives and I put it through its paces, I'll be right back on the order page! (Hey, means another great booklet!)

Who said you can't have enough of a good thing?!
Yeah, I've just let the serpent bite me a second time too...
Thank you gentlemen.

One can't ask for a better recommendation that that!
Just paid for one! I can't wait!
I bought two as fast as I could. Both set for different presentations.
Anyone name their wallet?
Just got mine, very much enjoying playing around with it!

I am looking forward to seeing Docc in action with this one as well, should perhaps change my perception on how to use it a bit!

The main routine this is based around is really great, and I have moved all my stuff into it, yes this is now my actual wallet. But I'm afraid I haven't named it yet!

All I need to do now, is find those Nudie cards! Greg Arce was so helpful btw, I had been looking for two weeks posted one comment on here, and he had PM'd me straight away with three links he had found!

So, thanks Greg!

and Thanks Docc!!

Jon Hackett
By the way I forgot to mention, as I said this is now my everyday wallet. So you know I like it. But with the wallet, and the pdf manuscript I got a free manuscript from Docc. I chose the 'Invisible Stranger' and cannot recommend this highly enough! I think that the information he has shared in that little book will make me money for many years to come. I posted on another thread about Bachalorette partys that they should get this, here is what I said;

"Get Docc Hilfords 'Invisible Stranger' manuscript.

Trust me, you will not be disappointed, you learn and amazing way to be able to read three ladies, whilst naming direct hits like the names & initials of people whom are there friends, but you also tell them about their personality, and what differences their friends have.

The routine is a stunner, easy to do (well that's a lie actually, it is terribly difficult to do with the full gusto that it should, there are only presentational challenges here, but you are presenting to people who want you to!)

But he then goes on to explain, how to quadruple the fee for your booking!

Get consistent gigs, with the opportunity mentioned above.

And thusly turn that system into an earner all on its own.

I cannot recommend it highly enough."

Jon Hackett
Hell all, a proud owner at last!! any tips on how to clean the id windows mines are pretty dirty!!
My id windows are also a bit dirty and there was something missing with mine.
I fixed it by myself but thought it was previously "prepared".

I would like to see someone doing the switch with just one hand...
For me it seems impossible to do it that way.

Looking forward to put it into use.
[quote]
On 2010-04-27 20:35, isid0re wrote:
Anyone name their wallet?
[/quote]
Tabitha and Betty
Docc, Still waiting for mine (you haven't responded to my e-mails/phone calls). When will I get mine? Still patiently waiting...almost a month now.
Ordered mine a few days back...Im not gonna stress, I Know Docc and his work, its never let me down yet.

:)
I know the ash thing has messed some deliveries up, and I think there was a fed-ex problem too?
Just wondering if anyone's gotten the wallet recently.

My order was processed around April 22nd and got the PDF but nothing else swo far.

I know Docc's going crazy with delivery problems out of his control and probably has a hectic performing sked so hasn't gotten to his PMs. And certainly, from what I've read from those who have wallet in hand or on hip, its worth waiting for.

Just curious and want to make sure that something else hasn't happened in the shipping once it left Docc's control.

gary
I'm still waiting for mine - but I maintain the faith!
I'm still waiting on mine too. Hopefully not for much longer...fingers crossed!:)
I just got a message from Docc, the post office has told him the packages should arrive within a few days. There was a situation at his post office that caused the delay.

Tony
Tony, thanks much! We all knew that it would be coming and most of us probably assumed that the problem lay with the PO. Any anxiousness is testimony to how good this wallet is (in the ethusiastic words of those who do have it) and a desire to share in that enthusiasm first-hand.
Thanks for the info!!!
Still waiting too
Guys you will get the reward.This is gonna be one of yours best things this year.
Pure beauty. I just love it!
I agree with davidmag!
Just got mine here in Austria and I love it!

Thumbs up Docc!
...has anyone heard from Docc?
I got an email saying the post office will have the mess straightened out soon.
Just got mine! Can't wait 'til later and PLAYTIME!!
MIne arrived today too.Ready to get snake bitten.
Ok, here's a little something to consider...

the billfold compartment...

cos of the construction you can use it to *****h things with it - coins, billets, bits from magazines and newspapers...put the real ones in the first, use the back one for the forcing...

use the opening hand to hide anything that shouldnt be seen, do it casually...job done...
Iain e-mailed me with that great idea using the bill section as a built-in force bag. This is brilliant!
I've had new ideas come flying in. A headline prediction by a professional mentalist, Greg Arce's design dupe, and so many others.

I've extended the 100 wallet limit for the discount for a little bit. But there are only near 150 wallets left. To be fair I should sell the final 100+ for the full $79.99 retail.

So if you want one at the discounted price with the free goodies, get it now at http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/serpent2.html

And when the 400 are done, including the 50 or so gifts to friends, I won't do it again.

cheers,
Docc
I hope mine arrives soon, I may need to purchase a back up if it is as suitable as I hope. :)
How long does it take to get the pdf? I ordered last friday!
kiki
How about a pdf supplement with all the new ideas?
;)
Hey Docc, this thing is pretty cool. Ever consider selling it?

BTW, agree with Eric--a supplement with ideas wld be fantastic!
What's the turn around on time on delivery of the Serpent?

I ordered on the 10th and am wondering on the approximate delivery time?

Cheers
Frank
Hard to answer that one because of the USPS problems Docc's had. However, these hopefully have been straightened out. Keep the faith--as most of us here have--and you be justly rewarded!

gary
[quote]
On 2010-04-27 04:14, antonuccio wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-04-26 17:47, IAIN wrote:
[/quote]

I did, but still no reply... What would you do, if you were in my shoes?
[/quote]

I'd walk away fast then I'd have a new pair of shoes!

Gentlemen, do I need this wallet? I currently use a Hideout for my regular wallet and frankly I love it.

What is the NUMBER 1 effect that will SELL ME ON THIS WALLET?

Thanks

j
Mine arrived yesterday. The wallet is a cute idea. It works just as well as other switches. If you need a device to do a switch, this is it.
I'm keeping the faith too, really looking forward to this. I ordered on the 17th Apr so should be getting it very soon ( fingers crossed)
Mine arrived today. Really like it. In my mind it is an old card idea modified so most of the work is done for you.
[quote]
On 2010-05-12 16:27, roblane wrote:
I'm keeping the faith too, really looking forward to this. I ordered on the 17th Apr so should be getting it very soon ( fingers crossed)
[/quote]

Because a lot of you guys use names in here other than the ones you use in daylight, I don't know who you are when you post.

roblane, all I've got to go one is... Suffolk. And as there have been only two orders specifically from there, I can assume you're the same fellow who received his wallet yesterday. Correct?

If not, please email me so I can look into it.

It's a lot harder to come on here to communicate than to check an e-mail.
[quote]
On 2010-05-14 16:44, Docc Hilford wrote

Because a lot of you guys use names in here other than the ones you use in daylight, I don't know who you are when you post.

roblane, all I've got to go one is... Suffolk. And as there have been only two orders specifically from there, I can assume you're the same fellow who received his wallet yesterday. Correct?

If not, please email me so I can look into it.

It's a lot harder to come on here to communicate than to check an e-mail.
[/quote]

Hey Docc

I'm one order from Suffolk... Virginia

order was placed on the 10th... you emailed it shipped yesterday

Can't wait for it to get here

Cheers
Frank
I'm still waiting for the Serpent...
Hello, my name is Tony, and I am a wallet addict.

Although my addiction is under control and I had not purchased a wallet since last year, (an experience that helped me kick the habit), when I read Doccís offer, I could not resist.

The offer, the wallet, the manuscript for the wallet filled with ideas and routines from Docc and friends, and a choice of one of Doccís other published works. This was a no-brainer.

The manuscript for the Wallet is a fantastic 44-page e-book. What I love about Doccís work is that much of it is simple and direct; this manuscript is a wonderful example of that. In my opinion, the manuscript itself is worth the purchase price.

The wallet itself is a nice, full size menís wallet, not a business card wallet pretending to be a wallet, but a real wallet. As outlined in the manuscript, there are many advantages to this wallet, and with a little thought, even more can be discovered.

For my bonus manuscript I chose Jagged Edge. This is one of the few booklets of Doccís that I did not already own, and the subject matter really interests me. Plus it comes with a DVD. I have not read through the entire booklet yet, but I did watch the DVD. It is a lecture covering the technique and some applications. I was pleasantly surprised to see most all in attendance at the lecture on the DVD are old friends.

So to summarize:

A 44 page e-book filled with techniques, tools, applications and routines that can be used with the Serpent or adapted in other directions

A good quality real menís wallet with multiple applications in addition to holding ones cash, cards, and pictures

A choice of one of Doccís published booklets, including those with accompanying DVDs (up to a $45.00 value)

All for a special price of under $50.

Oh, and letís not forget, a video to be sent out upon its completion.

For me, this was too good a deal to pass up.

Tony Iacoviello
[quote]
On 2010-05-17 14:43, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Hello, my name is Tony, and I am a wallet addict.

Although my addiction is under control and I had not purchased a wallet since last year, (an experience that helped me kick the habit),
[/quote]

Quitter!
Me and a friend have been at the serpent with some customisations...if the duo of Tony's wants any info, just email me gents...

I think my second one is delayed cos of UPS and the new ash cloud problem near the UK...lovely looking wallet isn't it...
My serpent arrived today - tis nice indeed...

The switch works great - it is also a P**K device as well... got an i***x... and can be used as a regular wallet - and its slim for a change.. all my other wallets of this size are bulky beyond belief. This one has been to the gym and is a lean mean fighting python.

It also has the abilty to do a shogun move... and a lot more...

Guess like Iain and Tony, I'm just looking it over and making it even more utility-friendly :)

Nice wallet, Docc!
When will the video be available?
[quote]
On 2010-05-17 14:43, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

..In my opinion, the manuscript itself is worth the purchase price.

[/quote]

Tony, I agree. The material and tips in the manuscript are wonderful.

Chris
The Serpent arrived yesterday. I really like it, first as a wallet (very well made), and then as a tool. I'm still studying the pdf, because I want to absorb all the necessary information, before taking my own path.

Doing my homework, I found two different methods to load the note/billet/card/... inside the chasm. My "new" ideas are for those who are concerned about the safeness of the loading move. With my handling you can do the secret switch without any loading problem. Nothing revolutionary, by the way, but it works like a charm, and I'm really proud of it.

I think that I'll shot a video, and I'll send it to Docc for his approval.

Best, as always,
Santini
The package Docc is offering for those interested is exceptional & I give it the highest recommendation.
A lot of work has gone into the wallet, pdf and video to follow - plus the fact that you also get to select one of Doccs' booklets as a bonus.
This is a no-brainer when it comes to mentalism you will perform and value for money.
Keep up the good work Docc!
Hey Docc! Yes I was one of the Suffolk U.K buyers. Got it, love it! Thanks a million!
Hey Docc! Yes I was one of the Suffolk U.K buyers. Got it, love it! Thanks a million!
Ordered this a few weeks ago after checking out one that my friend had purchased. Sadly there was a mix up with the postal system and mine was returned to Docc through no fault of his own.

Docc gratiously sent me an email to inform me of this apologising for the inconvienience. He has gone further to include an extra gift for me which is above the call of duty.

Although I've yet to recieved this, praise where praise is due! Were often to quick to criticize and so I wanted to publicly thank Docc in advance!

Best Wishes Michael ;)
After working hard this month and scoring some overtime pay, I've just treated myself to a Serpent Wallet. The deal is too good to miss.
Your hard work is going to be well-rewarded with some great play when you get this baby! Money well earned, in this case, is money well-spent. Now come on Docc and unload the rest of these so no one else can get them and those of us who jumped on the offer can just smile and say "Told You So!"

gary
I do the switch on the table. I simply put one corner of the bill inside the chasm, saying that "I put the bill under my wallet, so that nobody can touch it or do something strange" (I do not say "switch", but I would...). In that moment I do the secret move under the pretense of showing the bill on the table. That's how it goes: I lift the Serpent (secret move), show the bill, and then I put the wallet on the bill, covering it completely. The "dirty" work is done, and you can go on with your presentation. At the end, the spectator can take the bill under the Serpent, and verify how "psychic" you are. I know it seems a bit convoluted, but it's my favorite handling, and I like it. In my hands, it's a natural.
Hope my description is clear... feel free to ask.

Best,
santini
Very nicely done Santini, I like your thinking here.

I cannot add much to the comments already posted about the wallet. A truly beautiful wallet. A fantastic switch that absolutely flies by undetected.
I opted for "The Dance of Shiva" as my book. Not something I think I would use personally, but a great little method for secret billet reading.

Hats off to Docc on an excellent product and excellent service.
I look forward to picking up The Vault in the near future.
How long have people in the UK been waiting for their Serpent to arrive? It's been a couple of weeks for me, should I start worrying yet?
Ah, it turned up today! No need to get worried after all.

Now I'll admit, when I read the instructions (they're sent vie e-mail when the wallet gets mailed, so you can get ahead before it arrives) I was a bit dubious as to how well it would work.

But after a couple of hours messing around, I can say it works very well! Without any hardcore practice, I can already pull off a pretty clean sw**ch. It is a little bit 'knacky', but once you have the knack it's as smooth as silk, and with more practice, I imagine it'll become flawless.

Add in the bonus book from Docc, and this is a deal not to be missed.
Still waiting for mine and keeping the fingers crossed! :)
I have to admit that I took a scalpel to the wallet and now something placed into the bottom pocket on the right of the wallet stares me in the face when I close it - a great peek. I can also retrieve billets and folded cards placed into the ID window.

And because the wallet is tri-fold, my adjustments still mean that money fits inside normally.

I look forward to trying this out.
Are there any more of these
[quote]
On 2011-07-14 15:49, Mark Powell wrote:
I have to admit that I took a scalpel to the wallet and now something placed into the bottom pocket on the right of the wallet stares me in the face when I close it - a great peek. I can also retrieve billets and folded cards placed into the ID window.

And because the wallet is tri-fold, my adjustments still mean that money fits inside normally.

I look forward to trying this out.
[/quote]

would you mind sending me a pic of the mod to your wallet? I can send you a pic of mine or whatever to prove I have one. thanks!
I have a SERPENT for sale. Never used. Just took a look at it!
kiki
Sure thing, lunatik. Just pm me your email address and I'll send you details of what I did, together with some photos.
Anyone in the Boston area, Docc Hilford will be performing on July 26th at the Mystery Lounge, Joe Howard will be hosting, and Docc will be performing his Psychic Cabaret.

http://www.mysterylounge.com/Schedule/Entries/2011/7/26_July_26%2C_2011.html
I have to say Mark Powell is top notch! He has come up with a great modification to the serpent wallet that adds a great peek! He has it not only thoroughly written out, but also has provided 8 step by step pictures from beginning to finish! Great job Mark, for having no stake in this wallet, you are second to none!! thanks again, I really do appreciate it!!

Rich
[quote]
On 2011-07-14 15:49, Mark Powell wrote:
I have to admit that I took a scalpel to the wallet and now something placed into the bottom pocket on the right of the wallet stares me in the face when I close it - a great peek. I can also retrieve billets and folded cards placed into the ID window.[/quote]

Thank you Mark for your kind email.
I still have one for sale!
kiki
I got my Serpent wallet over the weekend. Beautiful looking wallet and it is now my everyday wallet. I was really pleased with how the s****h works. I can see how it will work great with bills. I also wanted to use it for seeing what's written on billets or business cards. I have a couple questions:

1) There were some earlier posts about the ID windows being stained. Yes, mine is pretty bad. So much so that the spots and smudges on the ID windows can make it confusing to see what is drawn on a card. Anyone figure out how to clean this? I tried alcohol and turpentine substitute. The smudges don't even fade using those chemicals. I even tried scraping a little with a knife. It's as if its embedded into the plastic.
2) I saw (in this thread or another) that eventually there would be a video demonstrating it's use. I like demonstrations by experienced users so I can see how smooth a move can become. Helps to guide my to practice and get things down smooth. Was that video released? I did a search on Docc's site but couldn't find anything.
Would love to see the video!
For now I've settled on the idea of sliding the bill under the wallet (e.g "for safe keeping") and then proceeding with the desired demonstration, but I can't see how anyone could handle this so that it works as if "you are simply picking up the wallet" which is basically what the instructions say. When I try that it feels very unnatural and suspicious. Maybe with a bit of misdirection it could work. So up till now I haven't used this for any effects, but I can tell you that it does make a great everyday wallet (ha). It's by far the best everyday wallet I've owned. But of course I need to figure out how to use it in various effects.
Hi,
is this something that anyone has? I have the possibility of getting the wallet though it would be instructionless.
If anyone has these and would be willing to help me out with a copy, PDF (I think these originally came on a CD),
Please PM me. Thank you.