(Close Window)
Topic: Don't leave home without it
As a mentalist what items do you never leave home without, meaning items to allow you to perform on the spot.

I have search this on the Café but have mainly found comments in the magicians sections.

I am trying to train myself to keep a few item on me for that "oh yeah show us" type situation, as I have been caught a couples times now on this.

I am guessing a NW to start with , also some help on suggested effects that work well in an impromptu setting?

Regards

Steve

BTW Happy Easter - thought I would be the first to get that in.
A billet peek or center tear allows you to carry nothing and just used borrowed items (pen & paper). That's one reason I like them so much. Many memory demonstrations are prop free, too. Even the booktest I use most frequently is impromptu and involves a borrowed book. I do carry my Himber wallet with me, however, since I use it as my regular wallet.

Richard
Pencil &/or pen, paper, wallet. And my hotel key, if I want to get back into my room without any fuss.

*jeep!
--Chet
NW, Business cards, small pad for PCT etc., pen, sometimes my spider pen or loops, stealth wallet .....and my brain where I have stored all the beauty impromptu effects.

As mentioned many times in similar threads. You can find books paper and pens anywhere and so you instantly could entertain for about 30 min. or more with Ct, peeks, book tests, predicitons etc.

Greetings
Thomas
Exactly Thomas. With a piece of paper, pen, and a bit of nous, you should have enough for a full routine.

A few to spring to mind:
CT
Osterlind watch routine
PK Time
PK Touches
Memory routines
Muscle reading
The list goes on and on.....

Si
Just for info. My actual 2hour stage show I did last thursday in theatre (certain effects can change sometimes) just consisted of following items:

pad of paper, pens, envelopes, normal books, paper basket, blindfold, normal bags, ordinary spoons and forks and playing cards.

The only secred devices I used were spider pen, teleport envelope, Thumb Tip, NW, Invisible deck

But the visible items all are ordinary items to the audience. So with just these few things I did a 2 hour show and the people, including a representative from another theatre, have been amazed and I even had to do two more effects at the end.

So I just want to show that with a few ordinary objects and some basic secret devices you even can create an amazing full evening show.

Greetings
Thomas
BTW Simon, great list of effects. The list indeed could go on much longer. These effects really are killer effects and often you can borrow the items.

IMO effets with less props or some normal looking props at least very often get more amazing reactions than any effects with big boxes or some other devices.

Thomas
As Thomas pointed out, I never bother with taking the real ordinary stuff out with me. you'll always find an abundance of bits of paper and writing utensils around. I prefer to be prepared otherwise. NW, two decks of cards, always including a marked deck (boris wild is my preference) and one in a stack with a peek built in. my wallet and my watch (which I would have anyway). between those things and the stuff you will find, the possibilities just seem endless
Business cards and a pen. I don't realy need them, but they make the act look bigger.

Tony
I don't leave without clean underwear (perfect for doing a center tear if the need arises).

-Carlos
As stated above ... Paper, pen, NW my SUC. Trust me, that's enough!!
I actually don't own a wallet ( well a gimmick one anyway) I have seen so many theads on them, but I have only every seen the routine banacheck performed with the invisable palmtop. but everyone has mentioed it. any reading or dvd anyone could suggest to expand my knowledge on routines using a wallet?

regards

steve
THE ONLY THING I TAKE WITH ME these days is my mind.
I don't have my own business cards but I do carry other people's cards so I can perform a special peek I know. It always works wonders, I love it.

Anabelle
I carry a super sharpie sometimes--I want to get to the point where I can just do pen and paper.....I am new to the whole mental game.
I always, ALWAYS take my MOABT with me - doesn't get better!

JZ
[quote]
On 2005-12-21 03:29, Josh Zandman wrote:
I always, ALWAYS take my MOABT with me - doesn't get better!
[/quote]

And nobody ever wonders when you are gonna finish reading that book?
Small pad of paper, pen, cards, TT, buisness cards, NW (if I havn't lost it)
Well where ever I go I have loops on. and I prepare my arm for the ash on the arm effect(along with that trick I always carry a pen,paper,cards,and a lighter)and of course some coins.