(Close Window)
Topic: Chalet Silk Cylinder
I am very interested in Chalet's Silk Cylinder. However, I would like to see some details (size, colors, etc...). Chalet's website does not show a picture of this item. I have emailed Mr. Kimerly, but I was hoping that perhaps someone could direct me to a source for specs and/or a photo of it.

Thanks for your help!

Regan
Have you had a look at dazzling magic's one? I have heard good things about Chalet's silk cylinder as well, but like you would like to see a picture.

http://www.dazzlingmagic.com/stage_magic.htm
I am not sure George is still making his cylinder. Marty's (Dazzling Magic) is tough to beat.
Richard
If you decide to buy a silk cylinder never produce a dove from the thing. I saw a magician do this once and the audience was ready to kill him.
Also, if you use citrus fruit, go with imitation fruit. It always fits tube and it won't discolor or cloud the acrylic.
[quote]
On 2006-05-11 22:57, hugmagic wrote:
I am not sure George is still making his cylinder. Marty's (Dazzling Magic) is tough to beat.
Richard
[/quote]

I'm not sure either Richard. I contacted George via email, but it was difficult to get an answer to my questions. After a month or so, I gave up and bought one from Dazzling Magic. I like it a lot and Marty is a great guy to work with.

Regan
There you go Regan, a learning curve! Dazzling Magic makes a beautiful one. If I ever get rich and famous like you, I will buy one. Until then I'll keep using the three from MAK that I can't wear out. But some day...

Marty's is the best I've seen for looks but I've never used one. How do you like the weight?

Bob
Rich and famous??? Who have you been talking to?

I like the look too Bob. I have heard some say they don't like the sparkle paper finish, but I think it looks magical. It's very scratch resistent too. It is a little on the heavy side, but it works very smoothly. It is extremely well made from thick acrylic. It comes with a nice vinyl, drawstring bag too. I am very happy with it so far.

I bugged Marty too death and he promtly answered every question I threw at him. He is great to deal with!

Regan
The Dazzling model has been on my list of things to get for a while... I'm glad to hear that this will be a great product...

It looks like I have to sweet talk the wifey when I get off work... she's never understood my fascination with coin purses and silks...

Bryan
I use the Test Tube Bunny Model as I can use it to produce a 90" triple thickness 8 momme silk to produce people from behind. Usually, I use something else that would use the smaller tube.

Richard

BTW, Did you know that Marty, Johnny Ace Palmer, Peter Gossmeyer(sp)., Arcenio Hall, and me all attended Kent State? Marty and I were pretty active in the local ring when he lived here.

Richard
Bryan,

Those can be difficult to explain sometimes!

:)

Dazzling magic's Silk Cylinder was on my wishlist for a long time before I finally got it. I wanted more info on the Chalet model before I made a final decision, but information and/or pictures of it were impossible to find. I'm happy I went with the one from Dazzling. I can't say enough about the quality. It is well-built!

By the way, the outer tube is 4.5" because the acrylic is very thick, so it is a little heavy and larger than the Mak CSS. It is sturdy, and it operates as smooth as...well, silk.

Regan