(Close Window)
Topic: I actually 'performed' a couple of tricks
I had a class of 20 adults start on Monday and as an ice breaker I did a couple of tricks.

Just a simple silk production and a quadraflex (I think I got the name right) mis-made dollar.

Decent reactions, and a bit of a confidence boost. Once I get back to work (tomorrow, I hope) I'll try an invisible deck or a brainwave effect.
And there you go. Say good bye to life as you knew it!

Cheers! ;)
Way to go, Jim!
Awesome. Today I performed White Bikes for my piano teacher, and by the time I was done she had practically fainted. I love performing. :)
Keep performing for people you are nevous to perform for and you will get confidence up. I know it sounds wierd to say perform for people you are nervous to perform for. But it will get you tougher and soon, you wont be nervous at all! Keep up the good work!
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jan 11, 2006 07:55PM)
Great job! Keep it simple. Remember how cool the first tricks you learned were when you first saw them. The successes add up, and the failures really aren't that bad.

Use that momentum!
-Josh
Kudos to you Jim, keep 'em coming and keep 'em simple. You said you had a class of 20 adults...are you a teacher? Just curious.
:bikes: :bluebikes: :bikes:
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
I am an Intelligence Consultant and Project Manager for one of the courses my company runs. I do a lot of instructing. Someday, I want to work magic into a specific portion of the class that talks about principles applied to certain tasks. Two of them are Logic and Flow. Without going into boring details, I think some magic effects could illustrate this very well.
Well, a motivation trainer that I met in London told me that he uses magic effects to enhence his speeches....

Magixx
Very well Jim, magic is the best way as a ice breaker...

Have fun!

Paolo Venturini
I'd urge you to keep the I.D. in your pocket in the event of an emergency. It's a great "reserve-chute" to pull in the event that a force goes bad, a break gets lost, etc. My I.D. is an indispensable safety net.

Regards,

-jjg
Good idea.
Tks
Jim
Jim, I think you have the right idea by wanting to create meaning with your magic. I think that's really important. It's not just about the tricks, it's about what the tricks can represent.

Anabelle
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jan 15, 2006 06:40AM)
Jgravelle, great idea about the I.D. I'll keep it in my pocket and take some more risks with my cards.
Just keep performing them even if they are infront of total starngers and the after you will be able to perform it so naturally it will look like you have performed it for years