(Close Window)
Topic: Ed Mishell biography
Ed Mishell was an amateur magician and lawyer who illustrated many magic books, most of them published by Louis Tannen.

I briefly met Mishell at the Saturday Tannen get-togethers in the early 70's.

Anyone have any biographical information in Mishell, or should I just silently crawl back into my coffin?

Dai Bato
I knew Ed too back in the early 70's when we belonged to the Parent Assembly. He was a very nice guy. Not to metion he got tons of magic for free for his column in MUM. I forget who picked up his collection when he died, but I can check.
Dear Kevin:

Sure. I'd be curious who got his collection.

Dai Bato
Many of the books from Ed Mishell's collection are in the hands of Alan Drew III, a magician who lives on Mount Desert Island in Maine. Alan is the current president of I.B.M. Ring 362, and his contact information is on the Ring website:

http://www.ibmring362.org/

Give Alan a call sometime if you want to talk magic. Make sure that you are seated comfortably, because it will be a long call. Alan also makes it to many magical gatherings every years, and you may meet him there.

I knew Ed Mishell in the late 1980s and early 1990s when I was part of I.B.M. Ring 20 and S.A.M. Assembly 110 in Harrisburg, PA.

Yours,

Paul
I think someone else picked up the bulk of the estate. His initials may begin with RH or RB.