(Close Window)
Topic: Appearance Question
Good afternoon fellow Magis!!!

I have a question that I'd like answered. If anyone can point me towards the right publication or give me some ideas, it will be greatly appreciated. What I'm interested in doing is appearing myself for the start of my show. What I would like to do is this:

Have the curtain open and seen is a suit jacket and maybe a pair of pants on a hanger. There can be a small amount of smoke, and when the smoke clears, I'm now seen with the jacket and pants on. It will be an apppearance of myself, into the clothes that were hanging on the stage. Has anyone done this before? Where can I get some info on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Haas
Flash appearance. See Michael Baker here on The Café.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
There is also a Paul Osborne illusion plan for the Flash Appearance that you could possibly adapt. Good luck, and if you have anymore questions, don't hessitate to ask.

-Beau
Mark Wilsons door illusion could do this also with a few minor presentation changes. Just paint it like a dressing room door and everything ties right in.
With a cloak of invisibility, you could begin with the clothes on hangers, hanging from a coat rack. The clothes float up from the rack and everything dances around a bit. Suddenly you appear dressed in the clothes and holding onto the coat rack, then hang up the invisibility cloak on the rack to continue your act. Wizards' Journal #6.