(Close Window)
Topic: Stratosphere
Message: Posted by: mysticalmike (Jan 23, 2006 08:27AM)
I looking for the balls that are used for it. I have lost some of them in my moves. Any one know where I can find them?
Message: Posted by: Bill Hegbli (Jan 23, 2006 09:47AM)
If you have the Mak-Magic brand, just contact them at their web site, they will sell you replacements.

If you just want the balls check out toy sites for Croquet toy sets.
Message: Posted by: mysticalmike (Jan 23, 2006 11:24AM)
Thanks, I'll contact the company.
Message: Posted by: Cascade88 (Jan 23, 2006 04:57PM)
You can use Christmas ornaments.

-thank you
Message: Posted by: flourish dude (Jan 23, 2006 05:40PM)
What about the balls used in ball pits? Like the kind in Chuck-E-Cheese?
Message: Posted by: mysticalmike (Jan 23, 2006 05:42PM)
I am going through the company. They only want 12$ for them. Thanks for all your help.
Message: Posted by: Ty Argo (Jan 24, 2006 09:17PM)
Yes, as Flourish Dude was saying, just ask to buy 4 from any kid's playhouse with a ball pit. They [b]ARE[/b] the same thing. They are merely thin, flexible plastic balls. They can't cost more than 25 cents each.
I'd seriously check into a local kid's place before I'd pay $12 + shipping to the manufacturer. You're not cheating them - you've already bought the product. Just my thought process. Good luck.
Message: Posted by: silverking (Jan 26, 2006 06:50PM)
The balls that come with the real Mak Strat are called Euro-Matic on one side of the ball, and Euro Plus on the other side of the ball.

They're very stiff on the seam, and very flexible on the ends.
Message: Posted by: bobn3 (Apr 12, 2006 08:39AM)
I use plastic apples. That routine always plays well.

Bob Phillips
Message: Posted by: RickyD (Apr 12, 2006 09:57AM)
I remember when I first bought my Strat-O-Spheres. I contacted Euro-Matic about the balls (Euro-Matic is the company, "Euro-Plus" is the style, if I remember correctly.) They told me they would sell me some at a pretty decent per-ball price. Only problem is, I had to order in quantities of like 500 or something! I told them "never mind".

They are indeed the same balls used in many "ball crawl" things (which is why they sell them in such large quantities.) Don't know if any place would sell them individually or not. I guess you could ask. Buying from Mak may be your best bet, even if the cost is a bit extreme.
Message: Posted by: TrickyRicky (Aug 16, 2006 09:14PM)
I found the perfect replacement hallow plastic balls for the Strato.
They are the same size as the ones supplied with the trick, but much harder plastic. They have roung ring design around the balls. The are in sets of 2 reds, 2 yellows and 2 blues.
Made by a company called Stats Champions (Junior Bocce Set).
The ones from those children play pens are a bit too large for the tube.
Also the ones sold in the toy stores are a bit too soft.