(Close Window)
Topic: Confirmation letter
I have been thinking of using a confirmation letter instead of a contract for Birthday shows only (still contracts for the rest)

I think it might be less intimidating to the Mom's. Still think I should ask for a deposit whenever possible.

Thoughts?
Neale,

For Mom's, I think you are being very considerate of the intimidation factor of contracts. Likewise, you are giving the talent buyer confidence that the event will happen as planned.

Count me as one vote in favor of your thinking. I like it.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Hi Neale -

That's what I've been doing (with the exception of collecting deposits). Confirmation letter for birthdays, and contract / invoice for all other shows.

- Donald
Hello , I usually call them invoices! sometimes even daycares etc. get a little weird about "contracts"!
if it is corporate or a fair then contract is what they will usually request!
Reword "contract" to "Reservation Form". It's a lot less intimidating.

Haas
I just can't understand why anyone would have a problem issuing or signing a contract. It is nothing more than an agreement of what you get from them & what they get from you. It makes sure that there are no arguments after the fact about who said what or promised what.

A contract just makes sure that everyone is in agreement. Nothing more nothing less.

When I am the customer, I will not work with anyone work without a contract. When someone does not want to issue or sign a contract, it sends up red flags for me & I won't do business with them.
I left this out. When you send them a confirmation letter & don't ask them to sign it, only you are obligated to fulfill the contents of the letter, they have no such obligation.
I also send out a confirmation letter for b-day parties and a full contract for any of my larger shows. It just works out really well for me. It helps to ease the customers mind when they are receiving a nice letter from me that basically states the facts and details of their event. They can just read it over and basically make sure that the who, what, when, why, where and how are all answered and accurate.

It not only makes me look priofesisonal in the eyes of the client, but gives them the chance to make sure everything is ready to go. This in turn eases their mind and adds perceived value for you.

Kyle