(Close Window)
Topic: Effects in Holland
Hello, I wonder if other countries have different classics in magic than in America. If not classics commom plots that are not seen here. Do you believe that all the effects done in Holland are known in the U.S.?
If there are such unknown effects or plots could you name one or two? Or is magic such a small community that every one is familier with the styles and effects from other countries? Thanks, Glenn
Hi Glenn,

Yes, Magicland seems a very small place. As for the Netherlands compared to the US, we are familiar with the same classics and plots, as far as I can see.

BTW, Are you guys in the US familiar with signed card to wooden shoe? ;)

Thanks for your post, Glenn

Best,

Peter
I would say, "No," wooden shoe? :lol:
One thing did occur to me: in the US and UK, smoking is much less popular than it is in much of Europe. My state (NJ) has just instituted a smoking ban in public places.

Last I had contact with people from the Netherlands, smoking was still very commonplace. I wonder if that means that cigarette tricks are also more popular?
Very true, Smoking is still very popular in Europe, at least in the Netherlands. I think that it COULD reflect in Dutch magic. Infact I still perform the vanishing litt cigarette in jacket trick, maybe because I'm a social smoker myself ;)

Good question.

Peter
Hello Peter, I have had the pleasure of visiting your country when I was in the army and stationed in Germany. I was quite supprised as to the friendliness of your country. I have to say that after vistiing quite a few countries in Europe that my two favorites are Italy and the Netherlands. The Netherlands in terms of its ability to speak English. Italy because of its roboustness. I love the language in Italy. Being a able to speak Spanish helped me out in Italy. I must say though that as a soldier away from home the only two places I visited in Holland were Rotterdam and the infamous Amsterdam. I loved Amsterdam!:)
I hate to make generalizations when it comes to nationalities, but every dutch person I've known has had a really wacky sense of humor!
Actually Mr. Hallahan had one of the best lines above...........everyone missed it!
[quote]
On 2006-02-08 19:04, Bill Hallahan wrote:
I would say, "No," wooden shoe? :lol:
[/quote]

Bill, LOL. You ARE familiar with dutch magic!

Yes, we dutch people DO have a wacky sense of humor, but we have our reasons for having so: Ever been hit by a windmill? ;)

Peter