(Close Window)
Topic: Werner Seitz/ has passed away
This is Werner's wife Werner is no more with us He passed away suddenly jan 27 2006
Werner Seitz has passed away suddenly jan 27 Thank you for your friendshipwith Werner,,, His good friend Joachim solberf is helping me with thes letter I can not handele a computer
Lis Steitz

Werner the Café will miss you as well your friend vinny the fodfather of magic
Goodby Warner... The Café and I will miss you. Warner was a good magician and was giving to the young in magic. On video that he sent me is his Benson bowl routine with a better way to load the bowl than Don Alan did.

He also was a great fan of magic and would tell others when he like their ideas.

Magic and magicians lost a true friend in Warner... We will miss you!
Oh no. That's awful. Rest In Peace Mr. Seitz.
Werner helped me make some of my routines better than they were to begin with. He was very helpful and giving to a younger magician who needed some polishing. . He will be missed greatly. I will take a drink tonight in memory of a friend........
I got to speak to Werner on the phone a few times during my trip to Copenhagen. I wish now I had taken him up on his offer to spend the day with him. I figured "maybe next year I'll make time."

It seems the daily grind of life seems to overshadow opportunities and you don't even realize it until the opportunity is taken away.

Werner, we'll miss you.
Wow...i'm sorry for your loss...

dug
Message: Posted by: T. Joseph O'Malley (Feb 9, 2006 01:04PM)
Mr Seitz wrote some of the most interesting and colourful postings here on the Café. I loved reading anything he had to say. From what he wrote here, it was clear that he loved magic & helping other magicians, and was an honest straight shooter with a good heart & a good sense of humour.
May he rest in peace.
We all have lost a wonderful friend in magic.

He will be missed by all.

God bless him.

Tom Wolf
Werner my dear friend, Thanks for the magic , the friendship and the wisdom you have shared with me. I will always cherish the fun videos you sent me as well as the great routines you unselfishly shared. I will also remember your encouragements everytime I send you a demo. Your comments, suggestions and boost made me want to strive harder.

To the family of Werner, my deepest condolences. My family will have Werner in our daily prayers. Another broken wand.

Rannie Raymundo
I'm so sad to hear this. :/ Werner had reached out to me with some of his magic, and boy was it great stuff. He was a wonderfully gifted magician, gentlemen and human being. His sobering comments and expertise will always be a part of this forum. I recently mentioned him as a person besides Vinny that was deserving of the V.I.P. recognition here on the forum. Guess he didn't get to get that honor bestowed upon him, but he did live long enough to gain something much more important, that being the respect of us all, from around the world. I will miss Mr. Seitz. We've lost an important part of a most magical evolution through this website. I hope he shows the Big Man upstairs that "coins through table" routine, it's sure to get him a great seat in the best house of all. And now dear Werner knows all the secrets and the essence of the only real magic there is. My condolences to his family. Magically, goodnight my friend...

-Marion (MB)
I'm shocked and sad. Werner was a great guy. Great for magic as well.
What an enormous loss to the magic community. My condolences of course to his family. We exchanged videos and PMs all the time. A gifted performer and friend. He will be missed.
I'll miss him. He didn't know me, but I valued his posts.
I was just thinking about Werner and his contributions this morning.
The suddenness of this is a shocker.
My sympathy goes out to his family..
A brief note to him last week got a reply from his widow today.

I responded to his old email address to offer condolences and let her know we enjoyed his company and that he is missed.
What a shame, I enjoyed a lot of his posts here. RIP friend.
I am sorry for all the mispelled words I got so up set when I heard the news
Werner was respected even if he ruffled some feathers
Werner the magic community will miss you
vinny
Wow, talk about a shock! Just this morning I thought of PM'ing Werner to tell him that he should start posting again (he hasn't posted in some time).

I know that he rubbed some magicians the wrong way because he openly and strongly expressed his opinions, not all of which were popular. I respected him even when I disagreed with him because he was honest and true to himself, he knew his stuff, and he was very sharing. Here's hoping that he's in a better place now.

Larry
This is incredibly sad news! I used to love reading Werner's posts. He always managed to cut right to the heart of the matter and provided a tremendous amount of meaningful insight. Although I never met the man, I'm thankful that we was kind enough to share his video demos with us.

I hope he was aware of how much impact he had on all of us.

We'll miss you, Werner!
What a Loss.
May God Bless you Wener.
Peace
I recieved an email this morning too from Werner's wife. It did not start my day off well. I had been emailing Werner quite often as of late, the last being two days before his passing.

I for one will miss Werner. You have to a respect a man that has no trepidation to tell it like he sees it. I found Werner to be a very personable, kind, and sharing person.

Farewell my friend.

Dan
What a Loss.
May God Bless you Wener.
Peace
A tragic loss to both his family, friends and this community, his posts will be dearly missed... the type of guy he was... I'm sure he would be pleased to know his thoughts and ideas live on both here and with all those he has been in contact with... It's nice to think that over the years to come, on this site and elsewhere he will be remembered....
The Magic discussion boards have been strangely quiet of late, all for the lack of a single voice;

at once familiar, yet unpredictable,

tempered by experience, yet still bursting with enthusiasm.

A voice with a warmth that you could feel all the way across the cold reaches of the internet. What a shock to learn that we shall not hear that voice again. My condolences to his family, who must know these things far better than we do, and miss him that much more.

Aloha, Werner.
Wow, I realized I hadnt seen his posts recently...but my god never thought that. RIP, I am so sorry for his family and I know the Café will be missing him
Last night I was wondering why he hasn't posted in the Café and was looking for his videos in youtube and all of a sudden I read this. What a sad day for all Café members whom he has shared his magic with. My deepest condolonces to his family.
May he rest in peace!
Very sad and a real loss. We will keep the family in our prayers. :nod:
I am so very ,very "SORRY" to hear about our good friend here on the Café' Passing Away. Werner was one of the most considerate person's in Magic! He sent so many of us Fantastic footage of Great Magician's such as Slydini, Fred Kapps, Richard Ross and more..... Little did he know "HE" was the Greatest Magician of all with a heart of gold. I will always cherish our conversation's we had and his expert advise and insight into magic he gave me. He will be truely missed by all.
Wow, what a tragedy! Werner was one of the most caring gentleman I ever met in magic (and I met many!). He was always there to lend a hand any way he good! Werner was at the same time...a master at our craft and a life long student! I'll miss our private chats! Hey Werner, say hi to the boys upstairs for us!!! God Bless You!

Mike
So sad to hear of Werner's passing.. he was one of the great LINKS to magicians of the past, like Slydini, Kaps and others. His information and messages were always informative and important (to me). We had emails in addition to his posts on various forums... and being half Danish myself felt a closeness to him.

Rest in peace, Werner :(
I've always enjoyed reading his posts.
May he rest in peace.
All the best to his family in these sad times.

Regards
Simon
So very sorry to hear the news. Will miss his posts and help to others.
Another wand is broken.
I liked reading his posts and will miss him.....
Werner contributed so much to the Forum with his knowledge, experiences and insights, I wonder if the Café might consider collecting his postings into a memorial volume?

Dwight Powell
What a sad bit of news. What a loss to the magic community. Werner was always so very willing to help others in any way he could. I will value his old video clips even more than I did before his passing. Best wishes and condolences go out to his family. Werner will be missed.

From your many International friends: Aloha, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehen, Arrivederci, Adiós and Goodbye. Rest in Peace.

Mike
Oh no.......what shocking news....the Café members will sure treasure his contributions......we all miss him.

may Mr. Seitz Rest in Peace.
Hey, let's remember these fine words from Werner...They were a part of his signature here. In it, he was always passing on words of wisdom about the craft and really about us.

"Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

(Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto...) :)"

Rest in Peace, Werner.
I knew Mr. Seitz for two years and only through his Café posts. Yet I feel a deep loss. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. Thank you, Werner, for your wise and kind guidance.
Godspeed, Werner
I hope someone posts an obituary later. I'd like to know more about the person whose forum contributions I always enjoyed.
What terrible and shocking news! I had been corresponding regularly with Werner and wondered why I had not heard from him recently or seen him on the internet. This one really hurts. Werner was very honest with his feelings and opinions, something for which I greatly respected him. Language difficulties sometimes put the wrong slant on what he was trying to say. He cared deeply about magic and was very sincere and extremely knowledgeable about the discipline. He was more than willing to help anyone with a true interest in magic. I will miss him very much. He was one of those few who make it truly worthwhile being a magician.

My deepest sympathy to his wife Lis and his family.
From Jamie Schoolcraft and Dean Dill, we both send our deepest sympathy to the family of Werner. He was a gentleman and was very supportive of the truth. We will miss this man and his insights. May the Lord be with you my friend. We love you.
Dean and Jamie
Werner was a great guy; he shared much experience and I loved reading his posts. He liked to streamline methods and go straight for the jugular! For example, his handling of Carlyle's 2 Card Transpo in secret sessions under "My favourite crimp", bears witness to this.

Thanks Werner

Justin
Vaya con Dios mi Amigo. I have a lot of respect for Werner and I always loved to read his posts here at The Café. I also loved his videos which never failed to amaze me. Werner, you will forever be missed and my condolences go out to the family. May you rest in peace.
Dominick Cabal AKA KRZ4kardz
I put a list of Werner's online magic videos [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=150641&forum=61&0]HERE[/url]
Werner was a former mmember of the Magic Circle of Germany, and in the 1970s he contributed several important articles to Circle's magazine DIE MAGIE, which show Werner's deep knowledge of our art. I met him on several conventions in Germany and in Holland. Werner personally knew the big names of magic in the 70s and 80s of the last century.
Herzlichstes Beileid! Werner wird in unserer Erinnerung bleiben!

Reinhard
I received my l;ast email from Werner three days before he passed away. Through the magic of email, I came to treasure Werner's freidnship way beyond the magic aspect. We talked food, family, holidays, Germany, Denamrk... anything you felt like discussing, Werner was there. I never met him but I treasured his friendship. He sent Mickey Silver and I some wonderful video dvd's not only of himself, but also of rare footage by Fred Kaps and a few others. I will always have these to treasure. Auf wiedersehen, mein freund.

Jim Canaday
Werner will be missed, even here in West Texas. I very much enjoyed our email visits and idea sharing. I once puzzled him with a coin trick. He asked me not to share the method until he had time to work it out. Finally, he asked for the method. When I told him he wrote "I usually kill people that fool me with such an old principle of magic, but I'll let you by this time" Werner had a keen sense of humor and many times had me laughing out loud at my computer screen.
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards, I'll miss you my friend...