(Close Window)
Topic: Peek performances question
I am working on Special Delivery the first item in Peek Performances. The key to the trick is a special propriety of pay envelopes. Which my pay envelops donít have I can only get this to begin to work in the most ridiculously favorable circumstances. (If your familiar with the effect you might guess what I was doing) I just went to staples, to make sure I didnít have some super strong pay envelops. But nope, the one at staples also lacked this property.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Try to find manilla style pay envelopes (slightly pink/beige colour), the ones I found work fine.

Good luck,
Al
I was using manilla style pay envelopes.
Could you recommend a brand?

Thank you
Chris
I know it sounds daft but I couldn't find any for love nor money in the uk so I ended up making my own from photocopy paper which is easy to see through.

Not as hard as you might think, just take a regular envelope apart for the template..

A.R.
[quote]
On 2006-02-11 06:47, carbone1853 wrote:
I was using manilla style pay envelopes.
Could you recommend a brand?

Thank you
Chris
[/quote]

Try the Office Depot Brand, in the past, when I was searching for the OPPOSITE kind of envelope, I could only find them at Staples, Office Max and Depot had the cheaper, more yellow-ish ones.
Are you using a dark marker to write your name, and then the next bit of info on the cards?

Ben Blau
Ben Blau
I was using a yellow marker for the info, is that a problem?
Yes, of course Iím using a dark marker. (black)

Andrew Richmond and tmoca

Thank you for the info, Iíll give it a try.

Chris
[quote]
On 2006-02-10 18:33, carbone1853 wrote:
I am working on Special Delivery the first item in Peek Performances. The key to the trick is a special propriety of pay envelopes. Which my pay envelops donít have I can only get this to begin to work in the most ridiculously favorable circumstances. (If your familiar with the effect you might guess what I was doing) I just went to staples, to make sure I didnít have some super strong pay envelops. But nope, the one at staples also lacked this property.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

[/quote]

I have had the same problems. There should be some you can buy commercially?
I bought one of the first copies of the book to arrive in the UK and E-mailed richard about this problem. These envelopes were common in the US (but not in the UK) when the book was written, but are now scarce. You used to be able to buy them direct from Richard - it may be worth asking if he still has them.

Barry
Chris,

If it helps, you can order the effect "Special Delivery" from the online store he owns with Paul Alberstat. It comes with a supply of the exact envelopes and other stuff that Richard uses.

http://www.mindguy.com/store/mental.html

Seth
Not sure what brand these envelopes are as the were in an old stationary draw at home. All I can say is they are basically white but have a pink tinge rather a yellow coloring.

Another option is the 'Working Performer's Sensor Envelope' available at Alakazam. The method on this thing is something to behold! I have this and it is awesome.

Cheers,
Al
Not sure what brand these envelopes are as the were in an old stationary draw at home. All I can say is they are basically white but have a pink tinge rather a yellow coloring.

Another option is the 'Working Performer's Sensor Envelope' available at Alakazam. The method on this thing is something to behold! I have this and it is awesome.

Cheers,
Al