(Close Window)
Topic: Front-page news in the Chicago Tribune
On the front page of today's (2/23/06) At Play section of the Chicago Tribune, there's an article about mental magic that uses the instructions for three super-simple tricks as the bait for directing interested readers to the Chicago S.A.M. and two local magic shops.

I teach a pendulum effect, which reveals no secret at all -- it works exactly the way you say it does. Bill Pack teaches a simple card trick, and Tim Felix teaches a number trick nobody will even remember tomorrow. All illustrated with three lovely color portraits of the performers, suitable for framing.

If you're in the Chicago area, pick up a copy. If you're not, you can still read the article and even hear audio clips:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-0602220338feb23,1,774786.story?coll=chi-entertainmentfront-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Best,
Neil
More of Mr. Tobin's wild ride! Congratulations, Neil!!! :applause:

Greg
This is a great article and it does my heart good to see three of our local boys getting some wonderful press. Congrats Neil! I also work closely with Bill Pack (who is rapidly becoming Chicago's unofficial magic historian) and knowing his love for the Chicago magic scene I couldn't be happier for him.

The photos in the article are superb! Neil looks devilishly wicked, Bill looks like the last guy you'd want to play cards with and considering what a nice guy Tim is, I'm surprised at how spooky his picture turned out.

All in all an awesome piece of magicana representing our great city. I can't thank these guys enough for representing us so well!
Great mention Neil. You do 'Strange Magic' an awesome service. We're lucky to have ya!