(Close Window)
Topic: Blockhead worries and fears
Before I begin, let me just say I have spent a long time going through old blockhead posts (thank you, new search engine). I am learning this from a good teacher at my local brick & mortar, who has been blockheading for a dozen years. I wanted to post here some worries of mine over doing this incredible feat-

-Are there two passages in your nose, & if so, how can you discern the right one?
-Will there be any lasting damage to my sinuses or membrane?
-Essentially, can the nail become trapped in your cavity? (I remember hearing this somewhere)

I happily await all of your comments.
Monte
[quote]
On 2006-03-12 09:52, Montethrower wrote:

-Are there two passages in your nose, & if so, how can you discern the right one?

You will know. There is really only one way to go.

There will be no lasting damage to the sinuses or membrane, but there will be damage to your career.

-Essentially, can the nail become trapped in your cavity? (I remember hearing this somewhere)

If the nail is too short it can become trapped inside your nose. That's about the only danger in regard to entrapment.
I happily await all of your comments.
Monte
[/quote]

One other damage is Blockheaditis. This is the condition where you will look at everything around you and have a desire to see if it will fit into your nose. I'm not joking about this.

Todd
Which brings up the story that Tim Cridland told me of the guy (nameless) who thought he would try a Wooden Chop Stick...with an undetected splinter...that upon retreival from the nose got stuck...even the Great Zamora winced at the recollection of the intense pain and what had to follow.

Todd jests not.
Moral of the story: Be sure to carry a piece of emory cloth, a vial of rubbing alcohol and a measuring tape 24/7.
Hah! I do that! I thought I was the only one!
but yeah montethrower...Todd is right, I put all kings of things up my nose, and sometimes I don't even know I'm doing it.

Brett.
Thank you all for your lighthearted replies--something there needs to be more of on the Café. A second question coming to mind is this; what is the average length that you can slide in the nail? And about nails themselves, what do you all use? I was told tenpenny was too small...

Thanks again for your remarks. HAppy Blockheading!!
SanScan will sell you one of his nails...I understand though that he desn't clean them off first...so you might snot get what you paid for...you'll get more!

Sorry Slim....I'm in one of those moods today...I'll be good...

By the way...what lighthearted replies? Except for this one of course...
I can put a six inch one up the nose (Well that`s what I tell the punters)It`s never been questioned,yet!!
I also like a thick one!!!!!!! It makes it harder for the women to pull it out!!!

Ken.
Message: Posted by: Cholly, by golly! (Mar 13, 2006 06:01PM)
The one I use is wide but not all that long.

I tell them it's six inches but it's really closer to five.

I've never had any WRITTEN complaints.
I use a 20p nail. It's about 4" long, but like most I say it's 6".
Does anyone else know about installing rain gutters? As a carpenter I've installed quite a few feet of the stuff. This job requires a special nail, which is extra long and thick, and you probably wouldn't ever find it unless you knew what to ask for. And now you do.
[quote]

[/quote]

My small experience tells me that 1) one massage hurts, the other makes you want to sneeze. If it hurts, you are doing it wrong 2) Yes, if you do it wrong. 3) Yes if you push it in too far.
[quote]

My small experience tells me that 1) one massage hurts, the other makes you want to sneeze.
[/quote]

every massage I have ever gotten felt really good... and never has made me want to sneeze. oh well :)

I use a 20penny nail, and like mentioned I say the d@mned thing is like 6in. instead of around 4.

Brett.
I'm very surprised one of the ladies hasn't stopped in here and commented on you guy's 'proverbial' six inch claims.
Chance,,,,clout nails, used way back for fixing cast iron pipes etc victorian era.
They are pretty long and thicken out towards the head, some are more square spike than oval (Due to these being hand made by blacksmiths)By forge and anvil.

5" Coach Bolts look good grind down the thread and they look like huge nails!

Ken.
[quote]
On 2006-03-14 15:53, Doug Higley wrote:
I'm very surprised one of the ladies hasn't stopped in here and commented on you guy's 'proverbial' six inch claims.
[/quote]

Theres no point, they know we're lying.
I once had a woman come up to me after my show and say, "I know that nail's not really six inches."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I have a boyfriend."
I'm still looking for that other passage. I have a left nostril and a right nostril. Am I on the wrong planet?
Slim...
BTW I use 60b nails, and when I go to a hardware store, I usually take one and do a little demo... I seldom pay for the nails...<G>
Sllm
Slim - I think he is talking about straight up!
[quote]
On 2006-03-12 13:01, Todd Robbins wrote:
One other damage is Blockheaditis. This is the condition where you will look at everything around you and have a desire to see if it will fit into your nose. I'm not joking about this.

Todd
[/quote]

Ooooh yeaaah! It's true.

[quote]
On 2006-03-13 18:11, Kondini wrote:
I also like a thick one!!!!!!! It makes it harder for the women to pull it out!!!

Ken.
[/quote]

Riiiight....LOL I think I've heard enough there :P.