(Close Window)
Topic: How many could this play to?
How many people do you think this routine could play to?

Appearing/vanishing silk
professors nightmare adaption which follows nicely into
a two card transposition
sponge balls
It would play for as many people as you could gather. . . . know what I mean?

TF
I agree with Tom.... note to Tom, Kev King is heading your way and is looking for you.
Steve V
Sounds like a hit man.
Mario
[quote]
On 2006-03-15 18:25, Tom Frank wrote:
It would play for as many people as you could gather. . . . know what I mean?

TF
[/quote]

HA! ROFLMAO!

Tom, that one sentence sums the up the entire adventure doesn't it. I may get that tattooed on the insides of my eyelids so that it is the last thing I see before I go to sleep.

Best,

Dan-
Thanks Steve, He got in touch with me. We'll try and hook up. . . or hook him up.

TF

Ben,

I didn't mean to be flip, I just meant that you can make a coin vanish play for hundreds of people if you do it right. The tricks you've chosen will play for 6 people or 600.
I was having a beer with Chris Capehart not to long ago. As I explanied what I did in my show he said to me "Mario I am not interested in what you do in your show as much as I am interested in the way you do it".
There is so much truth in this statement he is a great guy and a real worker.
Mario
What sort of presentation do you all use in the street for vanishing/appearing silk?
Ben,
I have a feeling that the reason all conversations stopped after your last post is that you crossed that fine line from "I'm a performer, what do you think of me doing this" to "I'm a beginner, tell me how [i]you[/i] do this so I can copy it." I may be wrong (I hope I am) but that's the impression you left.

I suggest you re-read Mario's post, and then read it again. The audience really doesn't care what technique you use, as long as you make it entertaining.

Now, after saying all that:
Cellini's silk vanish is very simple, and very clean. That's not to say it's [i]easy[/i] just that it's a routine with no frills to get in the way of the entertainment value. Assuming you have some basic TT skills, you can start by studying his routine.
Hay, I saw these guys once; one made a silk vanish up his friend's bum with the aid of a telescopic aerial. It then popped out his friends mouth... very funny. They are called "The Splott Brothers".
Mario
PS Probably a British thing.
Where have you been hangin' out?
You see it all the best stuff on the streets.
Mario