(Close Window)
Topic: Trying to ID an Autograph
I have a fairly large collection of magicians autographs. Most of them I obtained myself, however a few were given to me by a friend who passed away and who also put on many lectures etc..One of the autographs I received from him is illegible, however whoever signed also drew a caricature next to his signature. What I am asking, is there anyone on the Café who is knowledgeable on autographs and I could send a picture to find out who it belongs to?
Rennie
I'd take a look. No promises, but the picture drawn might help. I'll PM you my email.
This is the autograph he is trying to ID. It is on the same Magic Castle napkin as a signiture by Ali Bongo. Jay Marshall would have been able to give you an answer in a heartbeat. Perhaps with it where people can see it someone will recognize it, I am afraid I do not. The best I can make out is Zarmas Vpepki but that ring any bells.
The first name sorta looks like "Patrick"... Harpo Marx's name in Russian was Xapno Mapcase, which he was very proud of, so there might be something to the Zarmas Vpepki. Who is named Patrick and has curly hair?
[quote]
On 2006-03-18 17:40, mrmystic wrote:
This is the autograph he is trying to ID. It is on the same Magic Castle napkin as a signiture by Ali Bongo. Jay Marshall would have been able to give you an answer in a heartbeat. Perhaps with it where people can see it someone will recognize it, I am afraid I do not. The best I can make out is Zarmas Vpepki but that ring any bells.
[/quote]
Thanks for putting it on here, if I was not such a computer illiterate I might have been able to do it. Now I am just hoping someone recognizes who's signature it is..
Rennie
Doesn't the last name look like "Barker" or perhaps "Parker"?
How about Patrick Martin?
Hmmm - I like the "Patrick Martin" idea, too.
[quote]
On 2006-03-22 14:51, isaacfawlkes wrote:
How about Patrick Martin?
[/quote]
isaacfawlkes,
I really think you are right, I checked another autograph I had of Patrick Martin and the first name is identical, the last name looks a little different. Only thing I did not see a caricature in the other signature. Do you know Patrick?
Rennie
I have collected autographs since about the age of 15. All in a book. In recent years with illegible signatures I always print the signer's name(small writing) at the bottom of the page.This saved many a puzzlement in latter years.
Allen Tipton UK
Does Patrick Martin have a website, is this it?

http://www.patrickmartinmagic.com/

hes got curly hair
I zoomed up oh the signature then compared the letters for the, "Hey! To your magical future" I didn't get much but I did get P_rm_y _aph