(Close Window)
Topic: Giant Double Sided Cards
Does anyone know where I can get double sided cards for a giant bike deck?? I'm trying to perform McDonalds Aces for a lot of people, and a regular poker size deck won't cut it.
I use a glue stick and make my own. The double-sided jumbo cards work just fine!
I would, but I'm not that good at card splitting. It takes 4 or 5 tries untill I get it right for color fusion, and a jumbo card is mucho grander then poker size.
Well, the thickness doesn't matter a lot with jumbo cards, does it?

I figure you use jumbo cards since the audience is far away and they need to see them, so the thickness shouldn't make a big difference. How about just gluing them together without splitting?

There is not attention aimed towards the gaff cards in particular so it probably wont matter much.
[quote]
On 2006-04-01 12:57, sunnydolan wrote:
I would, but I'm not that good at card splitting. It takes 4 or 5 tries untill I get it right for color fusion, and a jumbo card is mucho grander then poker size.
[/quote]
Actually I didn't split the cards. I simply clued the two together with a glue stick that you can get at any office depot. The cards remain stiff and adhere well. I have never had anyone notice anything differently.
Alright, thanks, I'll try that.
I've tried glue stick - it can come apart at the wrong time. I'd recommend a spray adhesive. I use some made by Elmer's/Borden.
Double side scotch tape is good too. However, if you really are worried about the thickness get a set from http://www.cardsbymartin.com
Piatnik of Austria make jumbo-decks, an also a set of gaffs to match.

Bjørn
Message: Posted by: magicalsongwriter (May 31, 2006 04:11PM)
The best method is to split the cards and use rubber cement to join the 2 together. It does take some practice but is very doable. I have worked out a stage version of the anniversary waltz using jumbo cards that works great.