(Close Window)
Topic: Silk Fountain Load Note
I have made my own silk fountain with a load pocket. The load pocket is just a 9" silk sewn to the top silk.

As I looked thru varies silk books and notes I never found a way to have the 36" or 6 foot silk finale with a way to have the silk stay attached temporary to the fountain so that you could display it as you pull it out. Right side in one hand, left side attached to fountain with fountain in hand.

Since I used my 9" silk as the load compartment it hit me, why not use a Slydini knot on the large silk where it can be tied to the small silk as I had left the small silks ends in place.

It works like a champ. Display and the Slydini knot has enough pressure for the display and with a small put it comes undone with one hand.

I bet someone else has come up with that idea, just thought I would pass it on.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Duane Laflin has sells a model that the finale large silk is only attached by one corner. Then the larger last silk can be displayed between the hands. Duane has turned over the business to his kids. So check out their web site.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Apr 20, 2006 07:08AM)
The fountain I bought from Laflin came with a little "sock" thing-a-ma-jig that velcroed to the center of the final silk. It held the knotted tips of the final load silk up for your to easily grab a pull.