(Close Window)
Topic: Kevin James: Snow Animator 2/3
I know a number of you have experience with Kevin Jame's Snow Animator and I was hoping you could advise me as to performance limitations. I've always seen this performed as a stage routine but could this be done in a smaller venue? Is it possible to perform outdoors understanding that wind can be an issue? Is there a difference in performance between Snow Animator 2 vs. 3?

Any input you have is apprecited.

Thanks,
Dan.
Hi Dan,
I have used and own all of these, so I might be able to help you out. With the SA 1 & 2 they are basically the same except for the power of the b****r and the look. You will get more lift with the SA 2 than with 1 and it is a bit quieter. You have the same limitations as far as where the audience view the seats, it is best to have them a little lower than the top of the seat. With the SA 3, you don't have that problem and the b****r is much stronger and quieter, but it looks like a box. If you can work that look into your routine and it fits your style then it is great. You can use any of them in smaller venues you just need to be aware of your limitaions due to distance from the audience, height of the audience, and the level of your music needs to be at a certain level to be able to disguise any noise issue. Over all they are all great products, but you need to choose the one that will best fit your performance style and venues. If I were you I would contact Kevin in Vegas, he is very nice and generous with his knowledge. He is away in Greece until the end of April, but I would send him an email and he will get back to you. info@kjmagic.com
Wait until FISM - apparently Snow Animator 4 will be available...
That sounds great. I appreciate your experience and insights. I am in no rush as I am developing a whole new concept for a show. I definitely want to build as much practice and "get it right" time before rolling out the concept. I saw Kevin perform this in LV during the WMS and I agree with the poetry and overall sensation this effect creates. I believe Kevin's unit was built directly into the stage. I am anxious to see what SA4 entails.

Thank you very much!
Dan.
Does anyone know about the innovations that are being made for the 4th one?

Jared
Dear Jared,

The new version is not build in a stool or a box but this is all I can say at the moment since this is suposed to be a secret till FISM :)
Well I am a proud owner of the III one so this will be interesting.

Jared
[quote]
On 2006-04-12 17:35, el rafael wrote:
Dear Jared,

The new version is not build in a stool or a box but this is all I can say at the moment since this is suposed to be a secret till FISM :)

[/quote]

Whoops! Is it Rafael? Sorry! I have been speaking with Kevin about this for more than a year!
Hi Lee Alex,

Yes, it's me (Rafael)
You are correct that Kevin is working on this for quite some time...
If all goes well, Kevin will be releasing some other cool stuff at Fism - can't wait !
[quote]
On 2006-04-13 06:45, el rafael wrote:
Hi Lee Alex,

Yes, it's me (Rafael)
You are correct that Kevin is working on this for quite some time...
If all goes well, Kevin will be releasing some other cool stuff at Fism - can't wait !
[/quote]

Rafael!

Your post made me chuckle - I wasn't actually asking if it was you, but I was asking if the project was secret! I guess I should have placed a comma after your name!

On a personal note did you make it to Master Class in Amsterdam this year?

I wonder what else Kevin has up his sleeve for FISM? Sounds extremely exciting!
Does anyone use this outdoors?

Dan.
I have used it outdoors but the obvious problem is wind. If it blows during your performance it can make your performance do the same...lol. But I have used all of the methods inside and out, you just need to be aware of the gusts.
Cool. Thanks.
Hey JS...funny!

I've seen quite a few snow routines that blow.

s
Hey buddy, long time since we spoke...I knew someone would see the joke in what I said and I am glad it was you. And yes, we have seen several that blew...lol
Kozak uses an SA 2 (I think) in the performances shown on his new DVD. He starts the snow using other means and then uses the SA to push it to a crescendo.

Curt
I have the SA1. I am satisfied with this, litlle noisy, but who care, as long as we do it on stage. The size is big, I think will be better if that can be made in knock down.
What is SA4, this make me curious....should be very good ha? How much is it?? ;o)

Cheers,
CC
SA 4 is built into a napkin holder and is very deceptive. Cool stuff!
This sounds way cool. Are there any details on the internet yet?

Thanks,
Dan.
I'm not sure if MDS is kidding or not about the SA 4 in a napkin holder... But I think it would be cool, if the SA could be worn on the body.

I was going to comment on what I feel a limitation of doing a snow routine in general is....but decided to start a new thread as it is a bit off topic...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=175268&forum=7&0

scott
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 09:43, sb wrote:
I'm not sure if MDS is kidding or not about the SA 4 in a napkin holder... But I think it would be cool, if the SA could be worn on the body.

I was going to comment on what I feel a limitation of doing a snow routine in general is....but decided to start a new thread as it is a bit off topic...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=175268&forum=7&0

scott
[/quote]

No joke, SA 4 is built into a napkin holder! I just purchased the SA 3 and Kevin sent me an e-mail asking if I would be interested in a SA 4 instead and described it a bit. He said that he introduced it at FISM.

MDS
If MDS said it,,, take it to the bank,, good honest guy!!!

DOn
What was the price on Animator #4?
If it is so, I would be also interested in in sa 4... what a cool idea.

anybody knows anything about it?
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 22:19, dbmagic123 wrote:
If MDS said it,,, take it to the bank,, good honest guy!!!

DOn
[/quote]

Thanks Don.

I don't know about the price or any specific details, but it does seem like a cool idea. I don't think that it is actually on sale yet. I think that Kevin is just taking pre-orders. I think that he said he had 12 pre-orders at FISM.

MDS
Hi MDS :)

Rememeber me :P Great see you at SAM convention :)

Hope everything is great with you :)

If you have more infos on SA4 , please ket us know..we are keen to get one :)

Sent my regards to Jay too :)
dove-boy
Hey nice to hear from you Joe Yu. Yeah, if I hear anything more about it I will be sure and post it.

MDS
How much do you think it would cost to make your own snow animator? 80-ish dollars maby?
No one has posted anything on this since August so I was wondering if there has been any new information on the SA 4?...............

Take care,

Bryan
Just so everyone knows...Snow Animator 4 is up at Hocus Pocus' website.

Keith Jozsef
I am anxious to hear which version works best into a performance routine. The style is interesting. Are there other advantages/disadvantages between these various models?

Thanks,
Dan.
Hocus -Pocus has version 4 listed.
I have seen the version 4 upclose...

Well, a lot of noise. I donīt enjoy this version. I prefer the box or the stool.
Hey all,

Great to see that the SA-4 made it's debut.

I worked with Kevin at the very beginning stages of this version, helping to steer him to the technology that makes this new version so small.

I did build it into a normal stool to demonstrate the power and useability of the gimmick. Also took pictures and video for kevin to show him the details of the equipment.

I have now used it for close to 2 years in a variety of performances and venues. it has always worked great... Lots of power and in my routine I've never had an issue with noise.

Although visually it is the same effect as everybody else. The story line to my routine is very different. It has closed my show for many years!!!

It's great to see what Kevin has done with the concept and I'm sure that due to it's portability, it will find it's way into many people's shows.

Michael
[quote]
On 2006-11-03 21:36, ruijorge wrote:
I have seen the version 4 upclose...

Well, a lot of noise. I donīt enjoy this version. I prefer the box or the stool.
[/quote]

In the advertisement for this it says "the sound is lower" - can someone who owns this confirm the noise level?

Thank you in advance.
I saw it in Fism, its sound is not so storng but usaly you preform it with music so it souldn't be a problem.