(Close Window)
Topic: It's getting hot...
Message: Posted by: K0ZZM0 (Apr 20, 2006 07:42AM)
I saw a trick once where the magician lays a little piece of aluminium paper on the spectators hand and tells him its getting warmer and warmer... till the spectator has to drop it because it's getting too warm to hold...
anyone knows the name of the trick or what I have to buy to do this trick?

some substance that warms up in contact with something... I don't believe it was some kind of hypnosis...

Thanks in advance...
Message: Posted by: Jaz (Apr 20, 2006 10:02AM)
Hyno-Heat

A search here at tha Café and Google will give info.
Message: Posted by: Brad Burt (Apr 20, 2006 09:39PM)
Please be aware that the chemical used in contact with the aluminum is EXTREMELY poisonous. It takes a very tiny amount to make the reaction, but still you need to be careful with the stuff. Best,
Message: Posted by: K0ZZM0 (Apr 21, 2006 01:31AM)
Thanks for the info :)

What do you mean by EXTREMELY poisonous?
dangerous for your skin? or only when you use it like food ;)
Message: Posted by: Brandon Delgado (Apr 21, 2006 10:30AM)
Based on what I have read about the chemical, it's dangerous all around, even in small amounts. It can be absorbed through the skin, and is also apparently corrosive. Doesn't really sound like something I'd want to mess with... :heckno:

Brandon
Message: Posted by: davidpaul$ (Apr 21, 2006 04:49PM)
You can see this performed and explained on Jon Tremaines's video
Volume #1 Close-Up Metal Act. The routine is called: Too Hot to Handle.
I have the video for sale if interested, which includes an additional
14 other mental routines. Great video. PM me
Dave
Message: Posted by: Brad Burt (Apr 22, 2006 09:09AM)
I've known guys who have done the effect for 30-40 years with no problem. Apparently the most dangerous thing is ingesting it even in small amounts. It was used at one time as Rat poison and also during at least the 2nd world in dilution to kill foot fungus. The point is you don't want to eat it, or have it where children might accidently ingest. The trick itself is a 'killer'. Couldn't resist that!

Note by the way that the reaction can cause a blister it gets that hot. I had it performed 'on' me years ago and received a second degree burn. Best,