(Close Window)
Topic: It's getting hot...
I saw a trick once where the magician lays a little piece of aluminium paper on the spectators hand and tells him its getting warmer and warmer... till the spectator has to drop it because it's getting too warm to hold...
anyone knows the name of the trick or what I have to buy to do this trick?

some substance that warms up in contact with something... I don't believe it was some kind of hypnosis...

Thanks in advance...
Hyno-Heat

A search here at tha Café and Google will give info.
Please be aware that the chemical used in contact with the aluminum is EXTREMELY poisonous. It takes a very tiny amount to make the reaction, but still you need to be careful with the stuff. Best,
Thanks for the info :)

What do you mean by EXTREMELY poisonous?
dangerous for your skin? or only when you use it like food ;)
Based on what I have read about the chemical, it's dangerous all around, even in small amounts. It can be absorbed through the skin, and is also apparently corrosive. Doesn't really sound like something I'd want to mess with... :heckno:

Brandon
You can see this performed and explained on Jon Tremaines's video
Volume #1 Close-Up Metal Act. The routine is called: Too Hot to Handle.
I have the video for sale if interested, which includes an additional
14 other mental routines. Great video. PM me
Dave
I've known guys who have done the effect for 30-40 years with no problem. Apparently the most dangerous thing is ingesting it even in small amounts. It was used at one time as Rat poison and also during at least the 2nd world in dilution to kill foot fungus. The point is you don't want to eat it, or have it where children might accidently ingest. The trick itself is a 'killer'. Couldn't resist that!

Note by the way that the reaction can cause a blister it gets that hot. I had it performed 'on' me years ago and received a second degree burn. Best,